OTC Archery Elk Units

Tcatt

FNG
Can someone tell me where to find which units in CO will be OTC archery In 2023? I have searched and I’m finding mixed information. I know the reg book doesn’t come out unit Feb.

OP
Tcatt

Tcatt

FNG
Thanks guys, I just hate to make a bunch of plans on a particular unit and it turn into a draw unit.

Gerbdog

WKR
You outta be alright to make plans if your not relying on getting a draw unit at this point... we usually know ahead of time when units are changing in the brochure... they want people aware so no one ends up in a draw unit without a tag that used to be OTC.

Could be a thing of the past in the blink of an eye. Although I’m not sure why it doesn’t affect rifle hunts.

Thanks guys, I just hate to make a bunch of plans on a particular unit and it turn into a draw unit.
If you make plans to hunt OTC and they go to limited you would have a good chance of drawing at 0-1 point.
Could be a thing of the past in the blink of an eye. Although I’m not sure why it doesn’t affect rifle hunts.
I believe it's a result of archery hunters bitching more about crowding. Rifle hunters seem more expectant of the pumpkin patch. The change to limited is, in my opinion, a response to these complaints more than management decision.

If you make plans to hunt OTC and they go to limited you would have a good chance of drawing at 0-1 point.

I believe it's a result of archery hunters bitching more about crowding. Rifle hunters seem more expectant of the pumpkin patch. The change to limited is, in my opinion, a response to these complaints more than management decision.
Great! It’s not based on the soyance then. Wonder if Faucis influence is in play here…..