Oregon draw results

Anyone draw any good tags in Oregon?

No surprises for me, with point creep as it is across the board, I cashed in my pronghorn points (9) on a doe tag with my wife and I… I have never hunted them and that probably won’t change this year, my plan was to let my daughter fill my tag on the mentor program, hopefully a good “first hunt” for her, and make it a hunt focused on the ladies… if all goes well, I will have my favorite game meat and some good memories… seemed like a better option than waiting another 4+yrs for a mediocre buck tag for myself… 2 does and the memories made has more value than a buck tag for me

I wish the archery tags were earlier, but they are all conflicting with elk hunting, so that’s not a great option for me

TripleJ

WKR
I drew a rifle bull tag for over east, first time in 35 years I won't be chasing elk with a bow. Should be a cool new experience. Somehow, I didn't draw a bighorn tag this year, I thought for sure this was the year :)

My 70 year old dad drew a big 3 rifle elk tag this year, that is going to be the highlight of the year for me!

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
Unexpectedly drew a rifle bull tag over east that should have taken at least another 2 years... seed number worked in my favor I guess. That, in combination with a solid rifle mule deer tag will make for two awesome trips over east within a 3 week period. Pumped!

Marble

WKR
Did OK, drew a Murderers Creek elk tag which is great since thats my favorite unit to be in even if I don't find the elk:) Also drew a 2nd choice mule deer tag in a mostly private land unit but have a little spot to hunt that can kick out a buck on occasion.
I'll be there too. Never been there or hunted oregon. Should be fun!

A guy I know had 2 points and didn't get it. We had 3 each.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TripleJ

WKR
Anyone draw any good tags in Oregon?

No surprises for me, with point creep as it is across the board, I cashed in my pronghorn points (9) on a doe tag with my wife and I… I have never hunted them and that probably won’t change this year, my plan was to let my daughter fill my tag on the mentor program, hopefully a good “first hunt” for her, and make it a hunt focused on the ladies… if all goes well, I will have my favorite game meat and some good memories… seemed like a better option than waiting another 4+yrs for a mediocre buck tag for myself… 2 does and the memories made has more value than a buck tag for me

I wish the archery tags were earlier, but they are all conflicting with elk hunting, so that’s not a great option for me
Congrats on the draw! Antelope are one of my favorite animals to hunt. You usually see a ton of animals and it's a nice change of pace from the western Oregon brush. They taste amazing too. I hope you have an awesome hunt with your wife and daughter!

JeffP_Or

WKR
Mediocre deer and a second choice spike elk - pretty much as expected; we don't sweat the point game too much. Nothing on Pronghorn, RMB, Mtn Goats, raffles or premiums.

I got a chesminus elk tag which I’ve been escouting/researching but really need some boots on the ground. Any pms would be greatly appreciated
PM inbound - probably won't help much as I have nothing tied to a tree for you! :)

Calcoyote

FNG
I was unsuccessful for elk and antelope (that was expected). I drew out for the Upper Deschutes Unit for deer, but I am thinking about just buy a General tag and hunting the Dixon unit. I am going to do some scouting around this summer and make up my mind.