Optics and Ammo LLC Warning

Folks, be careful who you do business with. This company has some very bad BBB reviews and quite a few people on other forums have said that they have had bad dealings with the company. Do research before you order from an unknown entity.

AZmark

WKR
I personally have had bad dealings with him. Had to go to my credit card company to get my money back. Then I got nasty threatening emails from him. Read the BBB reviews and the posts on other forums about this crook.

EastMT

WKR
It says they have had 25 bad reports go unanswered, also with a bunch of good reviews from the same email with different names, the email is the owners haha.

Here is the BBB warming:

Alert

Pattern of Complaint
In January 2019, the BBB began receiving complaints and customer reviews that alleged orders are placed, an email confirmation is received, however, the products are never actually delivered. They also allege, the company is purposely taking customer’s orders and money with no intention of delivering product. When consumers have been able to contact the company to inquire about order status, they are told the items are on back order. Consumers have requested a refund but some were offered store credit. When consumers requested to receive their refund instead, the owner was very rude and provided ‘horrible customer service’. Customer Reviews allege, when disputing the charges, the company sent a nasty email threatening to sue the consumer. Complaints also allege when trying to contact the company, calls are going unanswered.

Recent customer reviews claimed when the consumer reversed the charges for items not received, the owner threatened them with fines and a law suit.

The BBB also received multiple positive customer reviews which originated from the same URL address but used different names and email addresses. Some of the email addresses were the owners information. At this time, all customer reviews and complaints are going unanswered.

Reading through the complaints and other thread, this company sounds shady AF.

Thanks for the heads up.

So whenever I have a handful of items to buy it always seems that no one retailer has everything in stock except for them. I had a bunch of stuff in their cart and decided to do a quick search, I’m very glad I did.

AZmark

WKR
They show it in stock but its really not. I tried to buy a Vortex binocular that I knew had been discontinued and they showed it in stock and also said by email that they could get it. Turns out the owner was lying. After about 2 months of trying I had to get my credit card company to reverse charges due to fraud. I checked and they show that they have other optics that have been discontinued. This happened in January and they still show that some binocular as available. Pass the word on to others.

That dude is 100% sociopath. Set up covid-19 relief gofundme, sued the colleges that expelled him. He tells people to google him in an effort to scare them and all the google results show is his countless failed lawsuits and pathetic history. He had a college roommate commit suicide and another try to.

Basically it’s enough to prove he has to be clinically insane and can’t be approached with reason.

strz

FNG
Why in the world did this thread not pop up when i Googled "opticsandammo scam" after getting a bad feeling initially about this guy??

I started this account just to come on here and reinforce what others have said. Before i hit the Order button, i emailed Christopher Eustice and asked "are you sure you REALLY have this item in stock?" (Camo version of the Eotech 512) and he replied with "Yes it's available". That was 3 weeks ago, and the funds have been withdrawn from my account since then. Got the same "credit card machine issues" nonsense and sent a payment through Zelle. I sent a follow-up email late last week to check on the status, and today he replies with this line of BS:
"We’ve been dealing with a backorder issue. We found this is [sic] stock with a third party and we will need you to pay us for the price difference which includes additional shipping charges of $25.99 and an additional product cost of $76.50."

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!! Looks like i'll be out of this money without a significant effort on my part

AZmark

WKR
Why in the world did this thread not pop up when i Googled "opticsandammo scam" after getting a bad feeling initially about this guy??

I started this account just to come on here and reinforce what others have said. Before i hit the Order button, i emailed Christopher Eustice and asked "are you sure you REALLY have this item in stock?" (Camo version of the Eotech 512) and he replied with "Yes it's available". That was 3 weeks ago, and the funds have been withdrawn from my account since then. Got the same "credit card machine issues" nonsense and sent a payment through Zelle. I sent a follow-up email late last week to check on the status, and today he replies with this line of BS:
"We’ve been dealing with a backorder issue. We found this is [sic] stock with a third party and we will need you to pay us for the price difference which includes additional shipping charges of $25.99 and an additional product cost of $76.50."

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!! Looks like i'll be out of this money without a significant effort on my part

I'm not familiar with Zelle but maybe they can reverse charges due to fraudulent activities....maybe?

I think I mentioned in a earlier post that I used a VISA and go the charges reversed, they Eustice started sending me threatening emails about how he was going to sue.

Just lately I had this dirtbag try to scam me and also got a raw deal on Amazon. I now ALWAYS! check for reviews of a company before I do business with them and also try to stick with the old tried and true companies like Midway, Sportsmans Guide, Cabelas, etc.

AZ8

WKR
Crazy! I only buy from authorized vendors and the “Big Name“ companies we’re all familiar with.

Trying to save $3 on a box of bullets isn't worth the risk! Especially from a shady looking website!

VernAK

WKR
O&A claims to have inventory that they don't really have. When I ordered a discontinued Leupold, they said they had it in stock. When it didn't ship immediately, I called them and they gave me a run around about it being sold but their site showed it remained in stock. I cancelled my VISA [Citibank]. Eustice then mailed me a bottle of water so he could show VISA a "proof of delivery" and VISA again charged my account. I then copied all the various legal BS regarding Eustice from the inet and sent it to VISA along with the pics of the water bottle as it arrived. I was then credited....again!

Since then, I've received several threatening emails from him which I save. I've talked with others that have dealt with him and know some of his school history. This guy has serious issues!

strz

FNG
I'm not familiar with Zelle but maybe they can reverse charges due to fraudulent activities....maybe?

I think I mentioned in a earlier post that I used a VISA and go the charges reversed, they Eustice started sending me threatening emails about how he was going to sue.

Just lately I had this dirtbag try to scam me and also got a raw deal on Amazon. I now ALWAYS! check for reviews of a company before I do business with them and also try to stick with the old tried and true companies like Midway, Sportsmans Guide, Cabelas, etc.

I'd never heard of Zelle before this either so i'm not holding my breath! But i got in touch with them and hopefully they'll be able to refund me, if not i'll have to get my bank involved, as the money came out of my checking account that's tied to my Visa debit/credit. Just probably going to take some time is all :)

Mostly i'm just pissed at myself for getting scammed by someone who obviously isn't legit, when the resources were fully available online for me to determine he wasn't! I probably buy more than half of the things i need online and would like to think i perform my due diligence at all times but this was obviously a big fail on my part

strz

FNG
So apparently Zelle is only a “friends & family” money transferring app (another red flag i failed to notice!) and as such there is no recourse or way for them to recover the funds, they offer zero purchase protection so all they can do is contact his bank and inform them of his asshattery. So now it’s up to Visa and my bank to sort it out. :eyeroll:

Pro953

WKR
So apparently Zelle is only a “friends & family” money transferring app (another red flag i failed to notice!) and as such there is no recourse or way for them to recover the funds, they offer zero purchase protection so all they can do is contact his bank and inform them of his asshattery. So now it’s up to Visa and my bank to sort it out. :eyeroll:

Curious, did he request you pay with Zelle? If so, it sounds like chargebacks are a issue for him so he likely knew it was not a option with Zelle. That or his merchant account was cancelled due to all of the charge issues. Mailing the water bottle is some pretty clear fraud. Sounds like this guy just needs to catch the eye of a motivated prosecutor. Sadly with everything going on in the world, this is small beans and that is unlikely.

Totally forgot the Atlas implosion. That was a epic mess and thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk