OnX Waypoint Photos

I take a photo for just about every waypoint I place while in the field. They don't show up in the waypoint on other devices, and after a while they don't appear to be loading in the waypoint on the device that took the photo. Just get the attached image.

Anyone else have this problem?

@onX Hunt

Attachments

• IMG_1297.PNG
    IMG_1297.PNG
    42.6 KB · Views: 30

wapitibob

WKR
I have some older photo waypoints. The address (waypoint notes section) associated with those on my phone, point to a data folder on my pc, and those obviously don't work. The photo address for the same waypoints on my pc onx point to an onx web address and do work in the web map. A different photo waypoint on the phone shows nothing in the notes and no photo either.

Last edited:
OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
Couldn't find anything about this in FAQ's or any forum posts...wish I knew which wallow I wanted to put my camera at tomorrow, guess I'll have to go to both of them!

Mine has been a little flaky, some on my phone have worked great and a few others don’t show up even though they were added on the phone and trying to view on the phone- I get the same error picture that your getting

I’m not sure if I’ve ever tried to look at them on the computer.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
This is an issue that we have seen on our end and our engineers are currently digging into it. While they work to correct the underlying issue, there are a couple of steps you can try on your end.

First, we have seen better results by taking a photo outside of the app and then going in and attaching it to the waypoint. (As opposed to selecting "Take a Photo" directly in the App)

Second, you may need to force the app to sync by logging out of the app and logging back in. If you are seeing your photos showing on thee Web Map, but not on your phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone can also get those photos to sync up as well.

As a last step, if you still have the photo(s) in your library and remember which photo goes with which waypoint, re-adding those photos to the waypoint can correct the issue. (We recognize this is not an ideal scenario and we hope to have the underlying issue fixed ASAP)

Of course, if you have further questions, our customer support team is able to dig into your account further than we can right here, so emailing them at [email protected] is always an option.