OnX Question

MCR

FNG
My son and I have the same iPhone. When he is using onX when you hit the icon on the bottom right it is supposed to show you a blue directional cone to show you which direction you are going. That feature works on my phone but his does not on his. Does anyone know how he can fix this. Im
sure there is something he can adjust in settings but we can’t figure it out. Thanks for your help.

You need to go into your phone Settings and be sure location services is on, then go to the settings and scroll down to the OnX app and make sure locations services is turned on in the app and make sure cellular data is on and be sure “precise location” is also turned on

MTChurch

FNG
My son and I have the same iPhone. When he is using onX when you hit the icon on the bottom right it is supposed to show you a blue directional cone to show you which direction you are going. That feature works on my phone but his does not on his. Does anyone know how he can fix this. Im
sure there is something he can adjust in settings but we can’t figure it out. Thanks for your help.
Had to be a location services issue as the others stated. Should be easy to find the fix using Google or the OnX help link.

jayhawk

WKR
Have you tried contacting OnX? Needed help with an update one time and they were great to work with.

Jethro

WKR
If location services are not on, OnX won’t even be able to show your location on the map. I’d probably try removing the app from the phone and then reinstall it

dtrkyman

WKR
Was not location services for me, go into location services but scroll down and you will find system services with a purple arrow, click on that, make sure compass calibration is on.

Pretty sure that is what my issue was, otherwise call them their customer service is outstanding.

406 540 1600

Jethro

WKR
Whats the scoop? You figure out what was going on with your son's Onx?