OMAD

WKR
I want to do one meal a day for Lent 2023. So about a two hour eating window and 22 hours of fasting daily for 40+ days. I have reasons for doing this that go beyond health and weight loss, and it's not intended to be a permanent lifestyle change.

Has anyone here ever done OMAD for any length of time? If so, were you strength training while doing it?

Out of interest, what will you do for liquid consumption during the day?

I’ve sort of fallen into a rough OMAD pattern recently - not bothered with breakfast for a while and have been skipping lunch too. I’ve been tending to have black coffee until lunch and then cups of tea after lunch (I’m a Brit, after all!). I drink water throughout though.

Not sure how long I’ll keep it up but I don’t feel too bad for it so far (about four weeks in, but mainly done Mon-Fri).

*zap*

WKR
I think regular strength training while in a fasted state would tax your body a bit...especially if it is very frequent and your actually pushing yourself. At my gym not too many folks are really pushing themselves.
If your body is recovering and at the same time trying to replenish glucose supply it is not the best situation, imo. Maybe an energy bar before strength training?

Yoder

WKR
I've done it for a couple weeks while weight training and doing cardio. I didn't notice much difference. I wasn't anymore tired than usual. You can always add a pre workout drink with a bunch of caffeine if you're running a little slow.

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
Okay well, I tried Omad a little while ago. I used to have black coffee in the morning and loads of water throughout the day. It actually helped me a lot and wasn’t that hard.