WTS Older but Nice - Kifaru Tan Zulu with extras

MtGoat

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will again be a bit of a process to try and value a Kifaru Zulu pack as there is not alot out there.
I will start with current pricing of Kifaru products and then "guess" value.
Once it is all put together if someone is interested in the package we can go off-line and discuss final pricing.

I have an older but in great condition Kifaru Zulu in tan with frame and two sizes of hip belts.
Based upon the back padding I do not believe it is a Zulu Extreme but has a number of the attributes.
I do have the original manual which will come with the package.
It has a 5x10 pull out pocket in the top back in tan (might this be considered the load cell??).
It has the gun bearing system available.
It has a a standard tan top
It has a Multicam Extreme Top Lid. The Extreme Top Lid can transition to a sling bag and does come with the padded strap for this purpose
It has a 6x7 padded pocket with external PALS on the right hip.

The pack is a bit dusty but I do not see any worn spots tears or rips.

Now for pricing.

Based upon other packs kind of close in nature on Kifaru.

Pack - $500 - $500
Extreme Top Lid - $275 - $275
Pull out - $50 - $50
Waist belt - $90 - $90
Gun bearing system - $50 - $50
Padded waist pocket - $150

I come up with about $1115 in value.

In another post they said we should be at around 80% of value for used so maybe start at $900.

I do have a 20 year old "new hat" I will throw in and a couple of other items if the buyer is interested (I believe one attaches a holster to the pack belt and another attaches PALS to the waist belt a couple of freebies).

As I said this is just a stake in the ground.
I believe based upon current pricing it appears to be fair.

Terms would be pay me with US funds.
Shipping and insurance will be out of my proceeds unless negotiated otherwise later.
I ask for maybe a 1 or 2 day buyer remorse acceptance period.
Return shipping would be on the buyer, and I would not refund the trip back.
I believe whomever gets this will really like it though.

If you are interested please reach out and I will get what ever photos an I-phone 6 is capable of :) with my limited skills.

Attachments

• Kifaru Zulu 1.jpg
    Kifaru Zulu 1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Kifaru Zulu 4.jpg
    Kifaru Zulu 4.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 70
OP
M

MtGoat

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, it would appear that due to the lack of feedback I may have had a bit too much allowance on some/all of the items.
Any thoughts on what looks about right and what might need to be adjusted?

Thank you
Pat

madcalfe

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I can tell you that there probably isn't a lot of interest cause your asking 80% full retail value for a really outdated pack...

OP
M

MtGoat

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,
I even rock the Kuiu packs but most all need to be replaced as they don't wear well.
The Kifaru are much tougher but also much heavier.

Now how to figure ratcheting down pricing to better fit what they are.
I tried to be transparent in my pricing logic and if there is an interest we can surely work our way to middle ground.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Pat

madcalfe

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,
I even rock the Kuiu packs but most all need to be replaced as they don't wear well.
The Kifaru are much tougher but also much heavier.

Now how to figure ratcheting down pricing to better fit what they are.
I tried to be transparent in my pricing logic and if there is an interest we can surely work our way to middle ground.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Pat
if it was say current generation frame and bag and your asking 80% full retail price then it would probably have interest in it. but with it being a 12 year old pack granted its in rather new condition you have to consider there's 12 years or new ideas/ technologies to make the current system better. I'm not trying to give you a hard time just stating my opinion from a buyers perspective.

OP
M

MtGoat

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit easier way to make a quick adjustment would be to get down to $750 for the package.
I believe this drops it down to roughly 60% of "valuation".

I am open further discussion but am hoping this gets the package into the right "band" and the rest are details with a buyer.

I do really appreciate the open and honest feedback as I really had nothing to go on.

Thank you
Pat