Okay computer nerds...lets chat

Elkangle

WKR
Looking for a real sweet computer for basically onX, slight photo editing, excel & YouTube

Really enjoy touch screens for onX and kind of want it 30-34 inch screen

Thoughts ?

Maybe 1500 price limit

OP
E

Elkangle

WKR
Back up top, surely there is someone with some knowledge about tech stuff on here...

Tahoe1305

WKR
I just snagged an apple mini pro and a 34" curved screen (not touch....but do have the touch mousepad). I am super impressed. I converted to apples about 5 years ago and that MacBook is still running strong I just wanted more power for video editing.

Can get a basic Mac mini for $600 and will do all you ask. Screens aren't that expensive anymore. Sorry no help if you are anti apple.

def90

WKR
Just about any computer out there these days will do what you are asking just fine.

Get a middle of the road dual core Dell. I would even get a laptop so that you can bring it with you and then just use a USB dock for a full size monitor and keyboard for when you are at home.

A 30+ inch touchscreen is going to cost you a bit though. I don't see any benefit to a large touchscreen.

OP
E

Elkangle

WKR
I have nice a laptop but the gf has stolen it, it is touch screen and I really enjoy that feature...I routinely scoute 5-10 states a year and the bigger screen is just a better experience for me...just like going from a cell phone to a tablet. This computer would be permanent at my bar in the man cave.

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a real sweet computer for basically onX, slight photo editing, excel & YouTube

Really enjoy touch screens for onX and kind of want it 30-34 inch screen

Thoughts ?

Maybe 1500 price limit
$1500 is way more computer than needed to just surf the web and slight photo editing.

If you want the best for the money, go to a small independent computer store that builds gaming computers and ask them to build you a custom one.

Erict

WKR
No suggestions other than do you really want a 30-34" touchscreen knowing that you need to be within arms length to use it? Wear sunscreen. :)

OP
E

Elkangle

WKR

wesfromky

WKR
I run a newer midrange mac mini with a 32" dell gaming monitor. I don't think I would like a touch screen that big - the mouse works fine and you can maintain a better viewing distance. Onx lets you do the touch functions via a mouse with scroll wheel and the right click button - I have a crosair gaming keyboard and Razer deathadder elite mouse which all work really well with Onx.