Offline 3D maps legit?

Just caught wind of the Scout To Hunt app doing 3D maps, but offline. 3D isn't anything new, but I was intrigued with being able to take them offline.

I haven’t taken it out, but plan to this weekend. Seems to work just in airplane mode here on the couch.

Has anyone else had experience with their offline 3D maps yet out in the field where it really counts?

Attachments

• 71A50671-768C-4251-86CF-E0CBAAB81BD1.jpeg
    71A50671-768C-4251-86CF-E0CBAAB81BD1.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 23

taskswap

WKR
I just tried it on Android and it seemed interesting but I don't see a 3D mode (maybe it's iOS only for now) and the app seemed pretty focused on shed hunting to me. They even call their paid plan "Get Shedicated" (and all the Bitcoin references are a little off-putting given the recent meltdowns in crypto.) It was also missing a lot of hunt-related functions like the ability to import/export tracks in GPX/KML format, some UI layout glitches with forms and edit fields, and oddities like lat/long in nanometer precision making for insanely long coordinates like 39.14465532322757. I'm not sure I'd have much use for it right now but it's probably worth keeping an eye on.

One thing that makes it a little more interesting is their imagery source isn't the same as other apps. The resolution isn't quite as good as OnX in terms of being able to zoom in, but it's from a different season so you have some ability to cross-compare. I like cross-comparing imagery between apps (seasons) in Colorado because it helps me find active streams by the color variations.

OP
C
I just tried it on Android and it seemed interesting but I don't see a 3D mode (maybe it's iOS only for now) and the app seemed pretty focused on shed hunting to me. They even call their paid plan "Get Shedicated" (and all the Bitcoin references are a little off-putting given the recent meltdowns in crypto.) It was also missing a lot of hunt-related functions like the ability to import/export tracks in GPX/KML format, some UI layout glitches with forms and edit fields, and oddities like lat/long in nanometer precision making for insanely long coordinates like 39.14465532322757. I'm not sure I'd have much use for it right now but it's probably worth keeping an eye on.

One thing that makes it a little more interesting is their imagery source isn't the same as other apps. The resolution isn't quite as good as OnX in terms of being able to zoom in, but it's from a different season so you have some ability to cross-compare. I like cross-comparing imagery between apps (seasons) in Colorado because it helps me find active streams by the color variations.
Just got an email about their offline 3D maps now being on android

WMag338

WKR
I use my OnX offline maps all the time. Its saved my bacon a few times. Super easy to do. Tried a few of the other apps, but I can't seem to get used to them.