Nu way stove.. what pipe for vent?

sh40674

FNG
Hello! Long time lurker here decided to join.
It appears there is a lot of users of a nu way propane stove on here so this must be the place for answers!

Just ordered a 3500 dual burner, plan to vent out the side. I looked at the pre fab kits they sell and it appears just to be galvanized/crimp style dryer vent? Trying to do it as cheap as possible so I was going to collect the stuff from lowes

So 2 questions, what type of pipe did you use? Not sure how hot the first section of pipe gets
And what did you use to seal the joints?

Thanks in advance!

mod7rem

FNG
So far I use standard galvanized pipe with no sealing of joints. Last season I used my dual burner in a Bereg Hot Tent vented straight up. I put a gear clamp on the bottom section to give a little rigidity to the pipe and stove in case of wind. I didn’t seal any joints. Up high on the pipe, just before the pipe leaves the tent, I put in a small damper to restrict flow and hold more heat in. I sized the damper so that even fully closed it still only restricts maybe slightly over half flow.
In -20 C temp, just one burner and the damper closed, kept the tent comfortable. Two burners was too hot and I could start to smell what I thought was the galvanized coating starting to degrade, but I don’t think the propane can get hot enough to do that so may be from the stove metal itself.

Pipe should be run, bottom to top, female to male. Stove and pipe should be burnt in outside prior to use.

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
Not to hijack the thread (well ok, I am!) but does anyone have any experience with using Seek titanium pipe on a nu way stove?

TIA

Bill

OP
S

sh40674

FNG
Just want to update, used 26 gauge vent pipe to a dual wall thimble in the wall and out the side
All went well and running great!

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Not to hijack the thread (well ok, I am!) but does anyone have any experience with using Seek titanium pipe on a nu way stove?

TIA

Bill
A bit late, but yes. Not seek outside, but liteoutdoors, 3" titanium pipe with their stovepipe end ring. The end ring just friction fit onto the stove body, I gave it a couple wacks with a rubber mallet and it won't come off. Fit the stove pipe over the end ring, and slide the lowest cable ring down over top of it, and it holds so tight you can pick the whole thing up by the stovepipe. I'd like to figure out a way to have it hold some more heat in the pipe, like a second damper higher up, but using it in my seek 8man tipi it worked great. Pack size was the main concern over the galvanized pipe sections.

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Grady! Appreciate it! I haven’t used mine yet but only because my trip to AK and later trip to Saskatchewan the temps were 40s-70s so we saved the weight and space and didn’t bring it. Looking forward to trying it.
Thanks again.

Bill