Not sure how to report scammers

Selkirk6x

FNG
Not a big social media guy. Joined this to read, maybe ask advice and opinions. Then found the classifieds and bought something. Well, paid for, have not received. Now got a message from someone else saying they'll sell it to me. Contacted the person I sent money to, he said to report it to admins, but I can't figure out how to do that. Tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see you’re on Tapatalk I am not sure how to report from there.
Sounds like there’s a lot of details and multiple people involved in that, if you want to send me a PM I can look at it after work today and forward it if need be.

OP
S

Selkirk6x

FNG
I see you’re on Tapatalk I am not sure how to report from there.
Sounds like there’s a lot of details and multiple people involved in that, if you want to send me a PM I can look at it after work today and forward it if need be.

Pm sent.

Not a big social media guy. Joined this to read, maybe ask advice and opinions. Then found the classifieds and bought something. Well, paid for, have not received. Now got a message from someone else saying they'll sell it to me. Contacted the person I sent money to, he said to report it to admins, but I can't figure out how to do that. Tips?

How did you pay for it?

OP
S

Selkirk6x

FNG
How did you pay for it?

Sorry for being unclear. I was annoyed, and didn't communicate clearly. I have no issues with the guy who is selling. I paid him, and he told me the timeframe he'd be shipping it in.

This morning, I got messaged by someone else, providing their a phone number, acting like they're selling the item, requesting payment.

I contacted someone who seems to be in a position to moderate, and I'm leaving it in his hands, as far as dealing with this mystery person.

Looks like it’s probably cause you posted a “is it still for sale?” Comment on an add.

That’s just like posting a “want to buy” and will draw the scammers in like vultures to a carcass. They will message you saying they have what you want.

It’s as if they have Bots out scouring the web for anything resembling a “want to buy” request.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like it’s probably cause you posted a “is it still for sale?” Comment on an add.

That’s just like posting a “want to buy” and will draw the scammers in like vultures to a carcass. They will message you saying they have what you want.

It’s as if they have Bots out scouring the web for anything resembling a “want to buy” request.
This is pretty much what happened. That also goes against our rules for not butting in on ads.