Nosler M48 Liberty vs. Montana Rifle Company X3

Cruiser

FNG
If you were going to purchase one in .270 Winchester, which would it be and why?

Thanks!

Wapiti1

WKR
Nosler. I've seen too much variation in quality in the MRC rifles. The Noslers that I have looked at were nicely finished and I think have a higher level of QC.

Jeremy

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Nosler M48 and a bergara. Both great guns but the bergara outshoots the nosler easily and is way less expensive. Both customer services are outstanding as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
From what I've seen, the Nosler M48 is a quality rifle that shoots their factory ammo very nicely. I can't speak to the Montana X3, no experience with them.

Something to note... If you are not a fan of recoil the M48 is going to kick a little more than the X3 with that really nice, integrated directional muzzle brake. You'd have some gunsmithing to do to get a brake on the Nosler as the barrel is not threaded. Guys have done it on those rigs though and love them.

33 Nolser in M48 would buy one again in a heart beat..... Never shot a Montana Rifle Co gun so cant compare but love my M48 its turned into my go to gun.

wentright

FNG
I have a Montana X2 in 6.5-284 took me a year to get it after ordering.i have had the rifle for 2 years now. When it arrived before I even shot it wasn’t feeding right so I sent it back on my dime. I got it back they said the magazine was bent and in their crooked. I’m still getting feeding issues and seems to me like I have a little creep in the trigger so I’m going to take it to a local gunsmith and have him work on it don’t feel like spending another $40-50 to send it back and it not being fixed again. Other than that it shoots good and I like the rifle just experienced some bad luck I think.