Nock On Riddance Stabilizer

Oso

FNG
Has anyone tried the 8" or 10" Nock On Riddance stabilizer? I am not seeing a lot of reviews online, and the few YouTube videos I've seen (other than John Dudley's) are people using the longer 30" version alone or with the shorter version on a side bar. This would be for a hunting bow (specifically PSE Evo NTN 33), so I would be using the 8" on the front without a side bar. I did a forum-wide search, but I didn't see any posts on this topic. I'm curious if anyone here has given this one a shot.

Brendan

WKR
You don't see many reviews on stabilizers because brand absolutely doesn't matter. It's a carbon rod that you put a weight on the end. Buy one from Nock On and you're getting one marked up because it has Dudley's branding on it. But hey, it'll match your bow.

Really you just need to decide what the right length and weight combination is for you. I personally use a no-name brand of good quality lightweight carbon, wrap it in black hockey tape, and add weight to suit my preferences.

OP
O

Oso

FNG
You don't see many reviews on stabilizers because brand absolutely doesn't matter. It's a carbon rod that you put a weight on the end. Buy one from Nock On and you're getting one marked up because it has Dudley's branding on it. But hey, it'll match your bow.

Really you just need to decide what the right length and weight combination is for you. I personally use a no-name brand of good quality lightweight carbon, wrap it in black hockey tape, and add weight to suit my preferences.

That's essentially what my friend that got me into this hobby told me. I'm pretty new -- just bought my first bow a month ago and have only been target shooting so far. He has bow hunted his entire life and convinced me to give it a try. I appreciate the advice.

I use a $20 side rod on the front of mine. Works like a charm and I saved $60+ over most other “name brand” stabilizers

Reactions: Oso

Brendan

WKR
If you want a Nock on stabilizer because it matches your setup, that's completely fine. Just make sure you know that this is one of those areas where brand doesn't matter, and you're paying a little more for it.

A lot of people have had success experimenting with a 10" front, and an 8" rear if you want to add that in. Bee stinger makes a good kit if so.

Zac

WKR
It is the exact same as all the other AAE stabs. If you already have the Nock On PSE edition than why not. Honestly if I were to get new stabs I'd use the Black Eagle brand called Conquest. They are super skinny. I'd just throw a 10 inch of your choosing up front. If you want to later then you can throw an 8 or a 7 on the back.

Has anyone tried the 8" or 10" Nock On Riddance stabilizer? I am not seeing a lot of reviews online, and the few YouTube videos I've seen (other than John Dudley's) are people using the longer 30" version alone or with the shorter version on a side bar. This would be for a hunting bow (specifically PSE Evo NTN 33), so I would be using the 8" on the front without a side bar. I did a forum-wide search, but I didn't see any posts on this topic. I'm curious if anyone here has given this one a shot.
I use the bee stinger kit. As most have said and I 100 %agree this is one area I believe you don’t need to spend $300+. You’d be better off putting that into a higher quality aight and or rear. I use CBE and Hamskea.

Zac

WKR
I use the bee stinger kit. As most have said and I 100 %agree this is one area I believe you don’t need to spend $300+. You’d be better off putting that into a higher quality aight and or rear. I use CBE and Hamskea.
I use to use Bee Stinger as well and my back bar was always coming loose and falling off.

TravisIN

WKR
I will say that I’ve had some stabs that seemed to add more vibration to my setup. But that’s only happened twice out of A LOT of different setups. But like mentioned above, they are all pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t mean this to come off as rude, it’s just something I have learned myself over the past 15 years:

If your skill level is high enough that you know which stabilizer is worth $200+, then it may be worth spending that kind of money.

If you’re an average joe wanting a good stabilizer, figure out what length you want and find something within your budget. If that budget is $200+, then go for it. If you want to save money, there are infitec 10” stabilizers on Lancaster for $30. I ran one on my compound before I switched to trad and I didn’t have a single problem with stability or noice. Infitec also allows for additional weights to be screwed in if you’re feeling froggy. If you’re on a poor man budget like I was, it’s a decent option.

OP
O

Oso

FNG
I purchased the 8" Riddance this week when it came back in stock. It's actually 11" when all said and done. It comes in today, and I will test it tomorrow.

I appreciate all of the comments and feedback. At the end of the day, I know I overpaid for this ($110) because of the John Dudley brand hype. But I had some extra money to burn, it was the last piece of my setup, and I know it will not be subpar to the cheaper options.

Now I just have to keep getting in the reps before October. This will be my first bow season. I have a feeling this season will be mostly learning, and I will likely end up filling my tags in November-December with my Rem 700. But if they end up canceling college football this year, I will be out every weekend looking for whitetail.

MoySan

FNG
I wish I did a little more of a back to back comparison between my riddance and my old flatline stabilzers. I felt like it felt deader in the hand...but could've very well been just new purchase feels.

Dudly offers free training that I greatly benefitted from, so didnt mind spending extra for his stabilizers. Been using them since the release and don’t plan on replacing them any time soon.

Attachments

• 20200614_124305.jpg
    20200614_124305.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 45

bat-cave

WKR
I have the 8" Riddance and am happy with it. I've tried a bunch of different ones over the years and agree that the differences are small. I did get a chance to shoot with John Dudley on Saturday and he's a super nice guy and I'm happy to continue to support a guy that gives back like he does to the industry. Yes, I know it's how he makes his living, but the guy gets it! He spent ~7+ hours a day on the mtn each day hanging out with people shooting the Nock On course. I ended up asking him for help as my daughters PSE had an issue. He jumped right in and was awesome. An hour or so later he was waiting a few targets down and shot a few targets with us and then hung out for the next group behind us. It's basic customer service / marketing, but it's something lost on many in the industry.

OP
O

Oso

FNG
Well, I'd like to report on my experience with the stabilizer, but I cannot. Nock On shipped it via 2-day mail on Tuesday. USPS showed a 1-day delay but guaranteed Friday by 8 pm. Now it just says "In Transit," which is code for USPS lost it and they hope it shows back up in the next few weeks. If USPS hasn't located it by the end of the week, I'll reach out to Nock On to report the shipping issue. I know it isn't their fault, but they have more recourse from USPS as the seller/shipper than I do as the buyer/recipient.