No wolves for Colorado from Wyoming

WKR
Colorado will not get wolves from Wyoming. That is to say, Wyoming will not assist with the Colorado reintroduction program. The Colorado North Park pack is "from Wyoming."

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
Very interesting article. Wolves and Grizzly bears both iconic, need far too much quality habitat to survive at historic levels in the current country we live in. I would suggest the governor of Colorado and CPW to just let the existing wolves continue to expand or transplant some of those wolves to areas of the state but IMO Colorado has too many humans sprawled far too wide to support good quality wolf populations without complete conflict and an expensive budget to manage them. That's why they are thriving in MT, ID, WY, far less people and just more unoccupied by human habitat.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Very interesting article. Wolves and Grizzly bears both iconic, need far too much quality habitat to survive at historic levels in the current country we live in. I would suggest the governor of Colorado and CPW to just let the existing wolves continue to expand or transplant some of those wolves to areas of the state but IMO Colorado has too many humans sprawled far too wide to support good quality wolf populations without complete conflict and an expensive budget to manage them. That's why they are thriving in MT, ID, WY, far less people and just more unoccupied by human habitat.
The biggest problem I have with this whole stunt is there will never be management of wolves by humans in Co period, unless we elect a gov that has common sense, the animal activist made that certain. I think if you are spot on with how populated and how active the population is in Co we will see a lot of conflict.

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
The biggest problem I have with this whole stunt is there will never be management of wolves by humans in Co period, unless we elect a gov that has common sense, the animal activist made that certain. I think if you are spot on with how populated and how active the population is in Co we will see a lot of conflict.
Understand, we just have to keep working together, it takes time but common sense will prevail.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe to put this in perspective... States that have better management than Colorado can't even control the populations.

1683591845066.png

Hnthrdr

WKR
Maybe to put this in perspective... States that have better management than Colorado can't even control the populations.

View attachment 551894
Exactly, they are kind of an unmanageable animal. Heck the only way the old timers killed them was by lacing carcasses with poisons mostly. To think they will self regulate in Co is hilarious they will eat the elk, moose and then the deer, and when those are gone they will find other food be it two legs or 4 or starve…

Rambo85

FNG
Don’t forget all efforts to reintroduce wolves are attacks in the hunting community regardless of what you are being told. If they keep introducing large predators to the landscape it will only be a matter of time before they want to remove hunting to protect predator populations

I like it. I’m sure there are some jackwagons in my home state of MN that would like help the big hearts in boulder get their furry friends. Probably the same people that wax poetic about the tragic damage to social structure of a pack when a wolf is removed from it.

Blandry

WKR
Don’t forget all efforts to reintroduce wolves are attacks in the hunting community regardless of what you are being told. If they keep introducing large predators to the landscape it will only be a matter of time before they want to remove hunting to protect predator populations
bingo!