No talking hunting videos

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Now that's different. I'm not a big fan of videos where the hunters are sitting on a hillside glassing meadows and hillside a mile or better away all the wile whispering so as not to scare off distant game. I think there is a point where conversation aids to the videos. But when it is appropriate, speak up so the viewer can hear what is being said, but in limited amounts.

Reactions: NB7

NB7

WKR
Now that's different. I'm not a big fan of videos where the hunters are sitting on a hillside glassing meadows and hillside a mile or better away all the wile whispering so as not to scare off distant game. I think there is a point where conversation aids to the videos. But when it is appropriate, speak up so the viewer can hear what is being said, but in limited amounts.
Agreed. For instance I like the hunting public guys because they seem to be pretty regular fellas, but I can only take so much of watching a show when they're whispering the entire time, whether they're in close to game or not.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
Not much out there for no talking but here’s a couple with no or minimal words. I prefer them that way, I get sick of all the dialogue.

Not hunting but more bushcraft related that you may find inspiration from

OP
judders87

judders87

FNG
Not much out there for no talking but here’s a couple with no or minimal words. I prefer them that way, I get sick of all the dialogue.

Not hunting but more bushcraft related that you may find inspiration from

awesome, thanks for the links! yeah I'm a big fan of the silent bushcraft films and was drawing some inspiration there. want to tell a story without having to spell it out to the audience because i hate my voice on film lol

jpmulk

WKR
I like south cox videos. He has some talking but it comes in spurts and then lots of good scenic footage.

Was wondering if people knew about channels/videos where it captures the hunt/scenery but had no talking. I'm trying out making my own but looking for some inspiration of how to capture the essence of the experience better.

Video I did of my 2022 elk hunt
im wondering if maybe you just muted your speakers? Lol. I understand the idea and would love to watch something like that

Look up Todd Moen Fly Fishing. The videos are short, creative, and contain little to no talking.

Up Jeep Creek: The Ultimate Spring Fly Fishing Adventure for BIG TROUT

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the old Sitka videos.
A lot of theirs, but not all, were exactly what you’re talking about. They are really well done

I enjoy both kinds of hunting videos. For me, a lot of people love the sound of their own voice a bit too much and the amount of talking becomes painful, but there are plenty of other examples out there where people talk an appropriate amount and it adds enough to the story and it's good.

I have a little channel and I like to make videos. The approach I strive for is getting enough good footage that in many ways, the video doesn't really need any talking because the scenery and context of the footage speaks for itself. At the same time, I sometimes talk at the camera, and I sometimes do a voice over when I get home.

If there is no talking giving anything context, I believe you need to be very selective about not just what you show, but how long you show it. It's easy to think that a beautiful scenic shot is something everyone wants to look at when you're the one there capturing it, but when you get home and put the video together it's good to be conscious of just how much some stuff drags out.

Here is a video I'm fairly proud of. Nothing too amazing happens but the music and scenery makes for some nice viewing (I think) and there is obviously no talking at all.