NM Paper Tags

Jethro

WKR
I read in another thread a comment about NM tags just being paper this year. Were they more durable in previous years and were they stickers? They certainly should be.

It was something that I was curious about. For the first time I had a reason to use my NM tag. When I went to attach it I was expecting it to be a sticker. The only way to attach it per the instructions is if 1 side is sticky. After some attempts to pull the sticker off I realized it was just paper. I got them on the quarter and the antlers with string and zip ties.

The antler tag is still on but after 2 thunderstorms not sure its legible. The quarter tag I forgot was on there and after 5 days of ice and 2 days of dry ice when I pulled it out of cooler, the paper was mush and in no way could be identified as a tag.

I had taken a pic of my antler tag attached for documentation. I should have done the same with the carcass tag, but didn't.

Brooks

WKR
Game and Fish recommends you cut your tag then put it in a zip lock bag and tape it to the antler or horn and hock.

Gila

WKR
In previous years the tags were better. Someone had a brain fart this year. Clear packing tape will solve the problem. I wouldn’t sweat it unless the taxidermist complains about it. Should be ok with a receipt Anyway. Congrats on getting your elk.

Mine was pretty shredded when I got back to the truck. Definitely could use some improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I save mini zip locks that come with small screws, other parts throughout the year and keep a handful of them in my pack. Tag goes in the bag and then electrical tap it to the leg or antler.

hunter4life

Lil-Rokslider
They are usually stickers.
NMDGF sent out an email saying that they could not get the normal paper due to the ever present "supply chain issues", and to put it in a ziploc and tape it to the antlers.