Nightforce shv 5-20x56

brockel

WKR
Debating on selling my leupold vx5hd and going to the shv but I’m curious on you guys that are running this scope if you fight the short eye relief or feel it’s a non issue? Does the 5x offer enough fov for use in timber situations? Scope is going on a 6.5 Sherman max for hunting everything from coyotes to elk. Is there another scope in the shv price range that is just as tough but maybe a little lighter?

packer58

WKR
Iv'e got a couple of them and a 4-14X56, eye relief is not a problem for me. I mainly hunt open country so a low of 5 power is not a deal breaker, they are a bit heavy though, if i recall right around 30 oz. as a side note all three of mine have the IHR reticle.......I really like the openness of that design.

Same as above. I have both a 4-14 and 5-20 and haven’t had a problem with the eye relief at all. I have the MOAR reticle in both and find them to be pretty easy to shoot with and hunt with.
Only thing I wish was if could just make a 44mm model!🤞🏻🤞🏻

I love my SHV. 5 x 20. I’ve never looked through a $3,000 scope, but can’t imagine it could be much nicer. Never noticed short eye relief.

Hausser

FNG
I like my SHV better than my Leupold VX6. Probably sell my VX6 and buy another Nightforce scope.

crich

WKR
I dont own one but I looked at a 4-14 shv today at cabelas. The first thing that jumped out at me was the eye relief being picky not so much short. Then I looked at a 6-24 v4 that was right next to it and it became very clear how unforgiving the eye relief is and how much shadow there is around the housing and sight picture. Much better viewing experience on the v4. Turret wasnt as crisp as the shv but I prefer the way the zero stop felt on the v4 as It was much more solid. Ive heard 3rd hand stories of zeiss having zero issues so take that fwiw.