Night force scopes

toddrod

FNG
I’ve been looking into buying a night force scope. I’ve looked at the shv 5-20 and I liked it. But I’m wondering about the nsx 5.5-22 there is lots of used ones for around the same price. I’m wondering if the warranty is transferable. I also could be interested in a used 2.5-20 nx8 if it is a lot better of a scope. I would be buying a sfp model and it would be for mostly hunting and a little bit of target shooting on a smokeless muzzleloader. If anyone has experience with these 3 scopes it would be good. Thanks

OP
T

toddrod

FNG
Is there a reason I'm missing that you want a 20+ power scope on a muzzleloader? Not trying to be a smart ass, genuinely curious.
It’s a 45cal smokeless they are capable of killing out to 500 yards. And can shoot farther at targets if I want

A capable smokeless muzzleloader is capable of 1,000 yards. I have 2 that shoot 325 bullets in the 3,100 FPS neighborhood. The .325 bullet has a BC of .445. So wanting a scope that allows one to see far is a nice option. I have 2 Vortex Gen 2 4.5-27 on my guns. Being able to dial up and see things is nice.

SloppyJ

WKR
If you're dead set on that and this is only going to be for your MZ, then I'd go with the SHV since it will be the cheapest. Save some coin to throw another one on your rifle. If you're going to swap it around, get a 4x32 NX8 and CF2D is my favorite second focal plane reticle option. The 2.5x20 might be a really tight fit on a muzzle loader with a rail. It's notoriously hard to fit on a short action without a high cheek weld due to the short length and getting good eye relief.

Antique0s

FNG
Got 5 nightforces never been let down by one. Yes s&b zco, tt, might be better in some aspects but the additional 1k plus over nf has never been justifiable to be.