NF Ultramount with NF ATACR 1-8, torque for screws

R2MX

FNG
So I purchased the new ATACR 1-8 34mm tube.

I got NF Ultramount rings. The ATACR scope manual just says: "• Install mount(s) and bases per manufacturer’s specifications using proper torque."
And their NF mount says 25 in-lbs (both in package and carved letters on mount itself)

So, I started torquing in X manner each of them, first lower torque, then gradually trying to get to 25 in-lbs.

5 out of 8 top cap screws clicked at 25 in-lbs, however; on 3 of the screws I noticed screw heads start softening out and I cant get that audible click (I also tried Wheeler Digital screwdriver with torque indicator and couldnt do it with that one either).

I decided not to proceed and just take them out cuz I was afraid to permanently damage the screw.

I will call NF and ask them to send new screws.

However, my questions are following:

1) Do you think trying to click 2-3 times on same screw with setting of 25 in-lbs could damage the scope tube?
2) Do you think there's remote possibility of me damaging scope tube since I tried to close those screws at 25 in-lbs? or theres no danger cuz I didnt do anything crazy and 25 in-lbs is written on NF's mount?

Should I be worried?