Newfoundland Moose

JeffNC

FNG
I had a great trophy fly in hunt at Effords. Theres a couple things Id change but as far as the actual hunt was great and Id go back. How his other moose hunts are I dont know. Feel free to contact me id be happy to discuss my trip.
Good to hear. Thank you.

boneshed

FNG
We did a Father Son NL Moose hunt Oct 2022 with Big River Camps. It was a remote fly out hunt departing from Deer Lake NL. Saw two very good racks leave with hunters departing as we arrived. Son shot a decent bull and I shot a small bull near the end of our hunt but honestly, we killed the only two bulls that we saw. Suggest you try for one of the earlier hunt dates to have first crack at the mature bulls in their hunt area.
I am going with them in 2024. What camp did you hunt out of and what week did you go? I am not finding much for reviews on them on-line. Thank You.

rgrx1276

Lil-Rokslider
Had a blast with 2G outfitters in 2022. Killed the first moose I saw and had great guides and camps.. headed back this year the 3rd week of September....

I never understood why some outfitters require sleeping bags.

I'm like: "I'm flying in!, I am not bringing a sleeping bag" !!!

Not sure if you’re still searching, we went through WestWoods…they did a nice job, and Stuart’s wife, Grace, is an amazing cook.

Last edited:

JeffNC

FNG
Not sure if you’re still searching, we went through WestWoods…they did a nice job, and Stuart’s wife, Grace, is an amazing cook.
Thanks. We signed up with Deep Country Lodge for a fly-in in October 2024.
Got some really good feedback from guys who have hunted with them.

Paradox

FNG
Anyone familiar with Deep Country Lodge?
I have a hunt booked for this year at Deep Country Lodge.
highly recommended by a neighbor. He has been going with them for 10 years so should be a solid referral. He also shot 2 moose over 52” last 2 years🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ll likely post my experience here after.
we had a hunt in 2021 with mountain top outfitters that was a complete rip off. (Shit show)?
it’s posted here as well. Avoid them!
Ed

JeffNC

FNG
I have a hunt booked for this year at Deep Country Lodge.
highly recommended by a neighbor. He has been going with them for 10 years so should be a solid referral. He also shot 2 moose over 52” last 2 years🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ll likely post my experience here after.
we had a hunt in 2021 with mountain top outfitters that was a complete rip off. (Shit show)?
it’s posted here as well. Avoid them!
Ed
That’s great to hear. We booked with them for a remote fly in in October 2024. Really looking forward to it.
I talked to several hunters who have hunted with them. One for several years in a row.
All were excellent reviews.
Good luck. I’m anxious to hear about your experience.

Quandary

FNG
I hunted with Efford's 2 years ago and I found them to be top notch. The camp was basic but very comfortable, the cook was great and the guides were excellent. I thought Bob was very personable as well. Tagged out by noon the first day of hunting and enjoyed the rest of the week in the solitude of no connectivity. They have a great system. Field de0bone the animal bag it into meat bags. My Moose was 5 bags 50 to 60lbs each. Mark the GPS coordinates. Head back to camp with the head. Call in the coordinates and the go pick up the meat bags with a helicopter. I will be hunting in a trophy camp this September with Efford's.

IMG_1587.jpegIMG_1597.jpegIMG_1617.jpeg

Tim284

FNG
PorterNY, sorry I'm new here (stumbled upon this while reading up on outfitters) and I guess I can't pm you...my buddy and I are planning on booking a trip with ironbound and was wondering if you could tell me how it was. We are also from WNY, so it'd be great to hear about your trip. Thanks!
NY Hunter, also new here, and stumbled on your post. Also WNY and planning on going in 2025. Who did you book with, did you go already or are you headed up this fall?

Just here giving an update on my hunt with Lake Douglas. We had outstanding results on the week we were up. Of the 14 hunters we had 100% opportunity with only one guy going home without a moose. All of the folks there were great and made us feel welcome. The food and accommodations were top notch. I will definitely book with them again. Good luck with your guys hunts!

Paradox

FNG
Our hunt with Deep Country Lodge was decent. Food was iffy…(does anybody in Newfoundland know how to cook?)
our camp was 4 for 4 so pretty good, not sure we will go again as he is pricing himself out of a very crowded market.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.jpeg
    IMG_0767.jpeg
    533.1 KB · Views: 18
I am booked with Moose Valley Outfitters, they came very highly recommended over on Bowsite. I believe I took his last availability for 2026 and he was filling up for 2027. It is a fly in hunt as well but would be worth looking into.

I am booked with Moose Valley Outfitters, they came very highly recommended over on Bowsite. I believe I took his last availability for 2026 and he was filling up for 2027. It is a fly in hunt as well but would be worth looking into.
I’m booked with them this year, couldn’t be more excited. Communication has been great, they’ve been quick to answer any questions we have.

miket

FNG
Our hunt with Deep Country Lodge was decent. Food was iffy…(does anybody in Newfoundland know how to cook?)
our camp was 4 for 4 so pretty good, not sure we will go again as he is pricing himself out of a very crowded market.
Im going with Caribou Pond and was a little concerned about the food so this isnt good news....but I will live. Maybe I will bring some Tonys and Tabasco sauce with me....