Newby Guide to Suppressor on ARs

Just the nature of the beast with ARs and suppressors. One reason I love bolt
Guns. Not anywhere Near as dirty as semi autos get.

I’m a fan of TBAC suppressors. The flow thru suppressors seem nice but they sound really Loud to Me

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
The issue is that what is “known” in the firearms world is almost entirely regurgitated nonsense from incestual inbreeding. Things like “AR’s have to be clean” is repeated ad nauseam without any of the people repeating it ever testing their belief themselves.
That’s what happens when the rules in the .mil create a situation where rifles need to be “cleaned” every time they go back to the armory, and “clean” in this context means “wear the coating off the BCG”.

Drives me insane, I just dump some more lube of whatever variety on my personal ARs and call it good.

Weldor

WKR
With mine, I start with a adjustable gas key, then move on to gas block, superlative like everyone says. The last thing I do is buffer and flat spring. There are a million ways to reduce gas, that is just how I do it. They shoot like a 22 lr when tuned right. They are always dirty, just part of the deal. I haven't heard anyone mention the new forward exhausting suppressors? supposed to be the cats a___. I never clean my cans, manufacture does not recommend it.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well first- stop cleaning and put the can back on. Yes your can is a high back pressure can and it is more of a challange to get that one working correctly with an AR than others, but it can be done. A low back pressure can will help. A Gas Buster charging handle of whatever brand/type will help a bit with gas to face.

BCM’s are gassed pretty heavy. You can do all sorts of things to try to help it, but they are all bandaids. The simplest and probably most reliable way is to get a reduced sized gas tube from Black River Tactical. That’s and an H2 or H3 buffer would be my first steps.

Don’t clean. AR’s do not need to be clean to function perfectly, quite the opposite. Keep them lubed and you are good.

Over 40,000 rounds, 100% suppressed. 0 malfunctions.
View attachment 613442

View attachment 613443

Well over 60,000 rounds, 100% suppressed on the upper, no cleaning at all- 2 malfunctions caused by the firing pin retaining pin shearing off in the upper at about 40k rounds. No clue on the lower, it’s been in constant use since 2010- for reference this upper has only been in use since 2019.

View attachment 613444

View attachment 613445

View attachment 613446

View attachment 613447

I can show dozens more. AR’s do not need to be clean- they are filthy little hobbitses and they like it.
Any issues in frigid conditions? It looks like things would freeze up. Or, does vagisil solve that?

If we consider below zero to be warm, and cold to start just shy of when a differential will freeze sold and bind the axle, would that change things? If it does, would the answer be to clean it, then slather on grease rated to -90 F? Or, would the answer be to run it dry as a bone?

Alternatively, those conditions are not very common, but I'm assuming you have not seen any cold weather issues from this, is that correct?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
That’s what happens when the rules in the .mil create a situation where rifles need to be “cleaned” every time they go back to the armory, and “clean” in this context means “wear the coating off the BCG”.

Drives me insane, I just dump some more lube of whatever variety on my personal ARs and call it good.

That is correct.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Any issues in frigid conditions? It looks like things would freeze up. Or, does vagisil solve that?

Grin. Wheel bearing grease itself works perfectly well to around 20’ish ° or a bit lower. When it gets below that I generally add something like 0w 30 motor oi- this works fine until -10° or so. Once it is constantly below 0° F, I usually spray the BCG and receivers out with brake cleaner and apply some version of lube that works well in extreme cold.

mi650

WKR
Well first- stop cleaning and put the can back on. Yes your can is a high back pressure can and it is more of a challange to get that one working correctly with an AR than others, but it can be done. A low back pressure can will help. A Gas Buster charging handle of whatever brand/type will help a bit with gas to face.

BCM’s are gassed pretty heavy. You can do all sorts of things to try to help it, but they are all bandaids. The simplest and probably most reliable way is to get a reduced sized gas tube from Black River Tactical. That’s and an H2 or H3 buffer would be my first steps.

Don’t clean. AR’s do not need to be clean to function perfectly, quite the opposite. Keep them lubed and you are good.

Over 40,000 rounds, 100% suppressed. 0 malfunctions.
View attachment 613442

View attachment 613443

Well over 60,000 rounds, 100% suppressed on the upper, no cleaning at all- 2 malfunctions caused by the firing pin retaining pin shearing off in the upper at about 40k rounds. No clue on the lower, it’s been in constant use since 2010- for reference this upper has only been in use since 2019.

View attachment 613444

View attachment 613445

View attachment 613446

View attachment 613447

I can show dozens more. AR’s do not need to be clean- they are filthy little hobbitses and they like it.
Dayum!! Even my ARs aren't that dirty!! :ROFLMAO:

And I shoot them suppressed exclusively.