New XLR Hunter DBM Save 15%!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
For all the shooters who don't like to have the magazine release sticking below their trigger guard, @XLR has the solution for you. They just released their new Hunter DBM with an adjustable magazine release. @Travis Bertrand and I have been using them for a little while, and I can only speak for myself, but they are excellent.

You can order yours here, and they are currently running a special if you order a magazine with it.

Here are a couple photos from XLR.

dbm-latch-900x600_1024x1024.jpg

CloseUpBronze-900x600_1024x1024.jpg

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have you tried this in an XLR with a tikka short action inlet with the new Hawkins mag?
The Hawkins mags will not work with the Tikkas short actions unfortunately. The tikka mag well cut is tighter than any other action so the lips hit the action before it can click into the chassis. This is the same reason you cant run polymer magazines with the Tikka so you will have to stick with our other magazine options.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like my DBM as well. The biggest drawback for me with a chassis rifle hunting is the mag/mag latch. Mags are heavy and I have dropped the mag more than a few times hunting. The new DBM has only seen one hunting trip but zero dropped mags! it just makes sense on a hunting rifle.

This is the same reason you cant run polymer magazines with the Tikka so you will have to stick with our other magazine options.
I have a 10 round MDT polymer mag I threw in a Element 4.0 Tikka SA chassis the other day. I loaded it with 22-250 ammo and it seemed to cycle fine through the Tikka 22 Creed. I haven’t had a chance to cycle 22 Creed ammo since I pulled the barrel and sent it off.

Is that just a one off or do the MDT mags work with the Tikka chassis?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Justin, is that the Tungsten grey? If so, could you provide more photos of the rig? I’m trying to figure out if I want black or Tungsten for my new chassis. Thanks!
Yeah, it's the tungsten grey.

I'll try to remember to get you a better photo tomorrow.