New twist on 'where to live' posts - summer living/training

wesfromky

WKR
So, a bit of a different take on the where to live type posts. My job is full time remote and I am now looking to escape Kentucky summers for somewhere cooler. Thought it might be a good oppertunity to pick a place that I can also learn/improve my long range shooting skills. So, which areas might have access to really good long distance ranges/schools/summer matches (any format) and also doesn't get much above 80 with low humidity in the summers? Decent fishing would be a bonus, along with some 3D. I like living here in the fall/winter/spring, but due to some health issues, outside of a couple hours early in the AM, I pretty much have to hide inside in the AC in the summers now.

OP
W

wesfromky

WKR
Alaska, the only west coast state without crazy politics
My cousin is stationed on Kodiak and keeps telling me it is a great summer place, but the logistics of getting me and my dogs up there and back every summer is a bit more then what I want. Plus, really looking for a place that has plenty of longer range ranges/matches, etc. But, from his photos - the fishing up there is hard to beat.