New Tennessee Mule Deer Hunter

NateK

Lil-Rokslider
First off a brief bio: I am a 27 year old native Tennessean who lives in the Memphis area and have been an avid (self taught) hunter since the age 13. I hunt about everything TN has to offer but my primary focus is whitetail deer and while I do enjoy sitting a stand in archery season my absolute favorite is still hunting and spot and stalk during rifle season. Over the last couple of years i have started heading west every fall (Pronghorn in WY in 2017 and Colorado mule deer last fall). Right now I am pretty well eaten up with mule deer and would really like to have at least one mule deer hunt scheduled every fall. I do plan to mix in elk, bear, pronghorn, etc. as I can and when I can draw slightly better tags but as previously stated mule deer are the focus.

So here is my purpose for this post: All of my current hunting buddies who are interested in western hunting are focused on elk and have close to zero interest in mule deer. I would really like to find someone semi local that would be interested in hitting up several general/low point mule deer units over the nest few years to really learn the game. I'm thinking southeast Idaho, WY region H, and some of the easy to draw/leftover Colorado units. Probably mostly rifle hunts but definitely want to mix in a few archery as well. I would really like to find a couple spots and go back multiple years and try to build a base of knowledge and experience. I will be doing this solo if need be but thought the whole process would be more fun if I could find someone else with similar interests.

I pretty well have my outfit together (with the exception of upgrading optics as I can afford it) for both truck camping and backpack style hunts. I put my time in during the summer hiking with a loaded pack so, while slow, I can put on some miles in the hills. If you would rather hike in the daylight than be on the glassing knob at first light then we probably won't get along. If you get burnt out and typically head home a couple days early then we probably won't get along. Besides those couple of issues I would say that I'm a pretty positive guy to hunt with, don't take myself too seriously (If you can't take joke that might be an issue), and want everyone I hunt with to be successful.

If you are anywhere close to my area and are looking for a mule deer hunting partner shoot me a message and lets talk!

PS: I don't care if you're 19 or 54.
PPS: My camo doesn't match