New Swaro 56mm Spotters ATC/STC

N2TRKYS

WKR
Thats a great question, and something we'll have to re-visit. In the past we haven't been a fan of the ATS 80.. especially with the superior performance of the Kowa 77mm, and a $900 price difference. So for now i would stick to your ats 65 if its a newer model. Otherwise that Kowa 77mm is very tough to beat. Also, keep in mind that the ATS 65m is extremely hard to find right now. We have them on order, but have been waiting a very long time for them.

Thanks for your reply. I’m looking to buy my first spotter(for hunting and range work) and it was between the sts 65 and 80. Was just curious about your thoughts and what you would pick.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Did you happen to get an approximate date when these updates were made? In other words, what constitutes a ‘newer’ model? 2020, 2017?
There is really no way to know for sure.. I can say that based on our almost annual comparisons, that it wasn't until early this year that we really felt like the ATS was improved.

I've wondered how the little premium spotters compare to larger mid-priced spotters. Could a guy ditch his 85mm Razor and be happy with a small Kowa or Swaro? Or does the larger glass from the mid-priced spotter still give a better viewing experience at the cost of heavier weight?

I run a Meopta S2 and every time I think about trying a smaller spotter I just feel I'd regret the downgrade in optical performance with smaller glass. But I also bitch about the weight of that spotter every time I'm doing a 2k foot climb. lol

Bought my Swaro 65 mm HD, angled magnesium body scope in 2011. At that time I compared it to a couple of guide's 65mm Swaros, one angled and one straight. My new HD was significantly better than either of their scopes, which I believe were both non-HD. The 65mm HD Swaro is an excellent spotter Hard not to like one as an all around backpack scope, especially with a phone scope on it.

I'd like to compare my 11 year old scope to a new one, but doubt you can get one with a magnesium body any more? Saves a few ounces.

tdhanses

WKR
I've wondered how the little premium spotters compare to larger mid-priced spotters. Could a guy ditch his 85mm Razor and be happy with a small Kowa or Swaro? Or does the larger glass from the mid-priced spotter still give a better viewing experience at the cost of heavier weight?

I run a Meopta S2 and every time I think about trying a smaller spotter I just feel I'd regret the downgrade in optical performance with smaller glass. But I also bitch about the weight of that spotter every time I'm doing a 2k foot climb. lol
Truthfully it’s worth having both a large and small but that said I use my Kowa 55 during hunting season and my 77 for everything else.

ZackP

WKR
I am currently on my second ATS 65. These really are phenomenal. However, even with this 25-50 EP I prefer the view through the Kowa 77. So much so, I’ve honestly thought of moving on from it back to Kowa.

Matt G.

WKR
I compared the 55 and 77 and love the view 77. Despite the preferred view sometimes I want to go back to 55 due to weight and volume of space it takes.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not now, with the:

Kestrel ATC Ring Adapter offers a rotating collar for the Swarovski ATC​

True!! I personally prefer the angled now that we have the Kestrel ATC Ring adapter. And just FYI, even if you have a straight model, the Kestrel Ring adapter offers a much more secure arca mount.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When will you be getting more kestrel rings?
in stock now