New Stone Glacier gear??

sr80

WKR
SG usually drops their new gear at the beginning of Jan...anybody have intel or hunches as to what they'll be releasing this Jan??

I don't know but i CAN NOT WAIT to exchange my overhyped eberlestock packs for something from SG. I think maybe I'll see if any military guys want my big pack, if they'll actually use it. otherwise I'll just sell it.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Something bigger than the current Grumman Jacket and vest. I'm not a fat ass and the waist is cut way to small.
The XXL is 40"+ per their sizing chart. Perhaps sizing up might help. Or maybe exchange for a different jacket, sometimes individual pieces can be off.

The XXL is 40"+ per their sizing chart. Perhaps sizing up might help. Or maybe exchange for a different jacket, sometimes individual pieces can be off.
I should be a large, tried an XL and the waist was borderline to small and the rest of it was way to big. The sizing is odd.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I should be a large, tried an XL and the waist was borderline to small and the rest of it was way to big. The sizing is odd.
That sucks. I fluctuate between a 34/36 waist and have a 42 chest measurement. I up-sized to an XL in the Grumman and have zero issues layering underneath. Might be one of my favorite stone glacier pieces (their mittens are amazing too).

Maybe they had a bad batch sizing wise and didn't catch it.

josef

Lil-Rokslider
They usually launch everything around Sheep Show which is the second week of Jan.

prm

WKR
I wanted to try SG, but their stuff does not fit me. I thought Kuiu fit was thin and longer arms. SG is even thinner. At least the couple of jackets I tried. Seems nicely made though.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I’ve not experienced this in any of my SG clothes.

I’d reach out to them and maybe have your measurements on hand to discuss.

That said, it could be just like boots where regardless of the quality, make and model, if it doesn’t fit you, it doesn’t fit you.

I’ve not experienced this in any of my SG clothes.

I’d reach out to them and maybe have your measurements on hand to discuss.

That said, it could be just like boots where regardless of the quality, make and model, if it doesn’t fit you, it doesn’t fit you.
I've got other SG clothing that fits great, the Grumman jacket and vest are just cut weird from my experience.

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
I had emailed their CS asking about the M5 jackets, and they told me they are discontinuing the coyote color and offering it in muskeg second week of Jan.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Their fitment in my experience has been all over the place in jackets from model to model.

If they made a properly fitting down puffy with 850 plus fill power that actually gets you warm in the $550 range I’d buy one.

I've heard rumors of some new rain gear for very rainy places. More waterproof less breathable.
I like the sounds of that! If that rumor is true, I will try it. I think rain gear breathability is an over marketed feature. Hip and pit zips breath the best, and durability is by far the most important feature in rain gear to me, and where almost ALL of it fails horribly

I have used rain gear with high breathability ratings and low, and just have not noticed any difference in use, and one of the only 2 types of rain gear that’s held up had a low breathability rating, and it was excellent… I just didn’t like the wrist cuffs or general cut as much as my go to, or it would have turned into my go to