New Remington 700 MUZZY

News to me if they’ve actually improved anything. The UML ignition system has always been pretty janky. Unless they fixed it (unlikely) - I would waste my money on it. For the record I’m no fan of the Paramount either.

For $1000+, I wouldn’t buy anything that wasn’t smokeless capable.

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
News to me if they’ve actually improved anything. The UML ignition system has always been pretty janky. Unless they fixed it (unlikely) - I would waste my money on it. For the record I’m no fan of the Paramount either.

For $1000+, I wouldn’t buy anything that wasn’t smokeless capable.

What would you look at instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d look at putting a smokeless capable barrel on a Rem 700 or a TC Omega. Check out Woodman Arms.

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
I’d look at putting a smokeless capable barrel on a Rem 700 or a TC Omega. Check out Woodman Arms.

I am new to muzzy and don’t know anything. I don’t think I would use a smokeless muzzy though, they aren’t legal anywhere I hunt as far as I know. I do have a R700 SA lying around.

ENCORE

WKR
There's a very quick and easy fix for the ignition system for the RUM that is absolutely perfection. Its the first thing I'd replace prior to shooting the rifle.

Arrowhead was the first to replace the OEM ignition systems on both the RUM and UF rifles. They are perfect ignition systems. Hundreds of RUM owners have switched.

The RUM will be a heavier rifle, but with a better HS vertical grip stock and the Remington 700 CF action. With that action, down the road if you ever wanted to convert to SML, its one of the best actions to do so.

The RUM is a very capable long range (500yds) 50cal rifle with easily obtainable propellants. Many of the RUM owners use the 320gr Fury Universal Fit bullets with extreme accuracy.

This I will explain............ heavy charges and 320gr bullets have substantial recoil. Brutal is a better word. Investing in a muzzle brake will be the best thing one can add.

That's a good rifle for the price.

I am new to muzzy and don’t know anything. I don’t think I would use a smokeless muzzy though, they aren’t legal anywhere I hunt as far as I know. I do have a R700 SA lying around.

You don’t have to shoot smokeless. Smokeless capable rifles make the best black powder sub rifles.

You bring up a good point. Where in the west would a RUM be legal (with a scope on it)? AZ? And if you’re not putting a scope on it, why spend the money on a “long range (“300 yard”) muzzy?” Waste of money!

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Many of the RUM owners use the 320gr Fury Universal Fit bullets with extreme accuracy.
Those things are awesome. You can also get around the tight bore one shot and swab routine with them too. Friends dinking around frantically janking on the rod to swab and reload for a follow up shot drives me crazy. Freaking find a combo you can reload once or twice without having to swab, it isn't that hard :)