New peep different point of aim

Ok, I messed up and didn’t measure my old peep height and replaced my strings. I then threw away my old strings because they were about to come apart. I shot my bow a couple dozen times to let everything settle in to help with no peep twist. I installed the new peep sight to where it positioned perfectly in line with my anchor and I’m shooting 8 inches low. Do I just adjust my sight? I’ll loose about 10 yards from my slider if I adjust it that much. Or did I do something wrong I’m not thinking of? Help would be greatly appreciated. ( I don’t have a pro shop near me or I would take it to them)

Jbehredt

WKR
Raise your peep. It won’t take much to move 8” at 20 yards. Your anchor, while I’m sure it’s pretty consistent, isn’t as repeatable as lining up your sights visually. If it were there would’ve be any need for the peep. And measure from your nock point to your peep once you’re happy. Record that number somewhere.

If you are close in weight I'd likely just slip the peep, make sure you press it to do that. Took me a long time to learn that. It's a good way to f-u-c-k a nice set of strings if you don't.

If multi pin I'd adjust to sight in around 40 rather than 20.

You might find out you aren't off as far as you think.

OP
coloradodrifter
I had done such a good job of tying in my peep I was reluctant to cut it loose lol. I moved it about a 1/4 in and at least at 15 yards everything hit where I wanted. I’ll test it out farther this week end.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would close my eyes and draw and anchor dozens of times if needed, to make sure that I was looking directly through the middle of that peep every single time when I opened my eyes, and lock it in to that spot.