New pack suggestions

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
So whitetail hunter that had my mind set on a kifaru Stryker xl but you can’t get them. So help me pick a pack to haul my lwcg .75 and heavy cloths. Looking at at exo, mystery ranch, stone glacier, and that new akea pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ffiivvee

Lil-Rokslider
I have an original Stryker and I like it. I wish it was the XL though. If you really want it and don't want to deal with the wait just check the classifieds or the insiders page on Facebook. They come up quite often

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
I have an original Stryker and I like it. I wish it was the XL though. If you really want it and don't want to deal with the wait just check the classifieds or the insiders page on Facebook. They come up quite often

I haven’t been able to find a frame.

Drenalin

WKR
Any of them will do it, what’s important is what fits you. I like Seek Outside frame, harness and belt the best, but strongly prefer Exo bags (and their frame is a close second for me on fit). There’s a big drop off for me after those two and I’ve tried Kifaru, Stone Glacier, Mystery Ranch and Kuiu.

If you decide to try Exo, the 1800 size is tempting but I find the zippered side pockets have a lot less utility (for me) than the full length bellows-type side pockets on their bigger bags. I also prefer the horseshoe zip access on the 4800 versus side zip on the 3200 and 6400.

I have been endlessly impressed by the Exo k3. Adjustable, comfortable, incredibly capable for heavy loads, and well built and thought out. It is one of the lighter bags available out of the top 4 or 5 that are always mentioned and their system for packign meat on the frame is really easy to utilize.

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
Fit is everything. Do you have a flat back? Deep lumbar? Short or long torso etc. These are all factors that play into fit and comfort. Only you can decide what’s best for you. It’s hard to find ways to try these packs as most aren’t found in your big box stores. I’ve had to order and send back packs that didn’t fit me. Really wanted Stone Glacier to work for me but it didn’t. I ended up with a Seek Outside pack, and there are a lot of adjustments on that frame to dial in a perfect fit. If you’re new to backpacking it can be a bit of a learning curve to dial in, but they provide awesome customer support to get you dialed.

Try what you can and then run with what’s most comfortable.

Hunt260

FNG
Just got a mystery ranch 38 and I’m planning on running it with my saddle setup. I think it would do everything you need. The fabric is a little noisy though.

TheHammer

WKR
The 38 is a big pack and boasts some great features, if it weren’t for the cinch style top, I would own one. I run a 28 with my saddle/whitetail setup. I’ve used it for day hunting elk as well. They are plenty capable and versatile packs. The shoulder strap rangefinder holster and hip belt forager bags are nice add ons. But as previously stated, with anything, it has to fit you.

The 38 is a big pack and boasts some great features, if it weren’t for the cinch style top, I would own one. I run a 28 with my saddle/whitetail setup. I’ve used it for day hunting elk as well. They are plenty capable and versatile packs. The shoulder strap rangefinder holster and hip belt forager bags are nice add ons. But as previously stated, with anything, it has to fit you.
how does it do for attaching your sticks etc. its what ive been looking at a lot, mainly for these later in the year hunts to stuff my cold weather gear down in.

TheHammer

WKR
how does it do for attaching your sticks etc. its what ive been looking at a lot, mainly for these later in the year hunts to stuff my cold weather gear down in.
I attached my sticks in the side straps. My bow strings through the other side and a bungee across them both attached to the frame. I keep spare gloves, socks & underwear in a gallon bag in the lid, along with a spare head lamp&first aid. Extra layers, spare rope, saddle and all accessories in the main compartment. And then my kill kit, small pruning shears, food/snacks in the front pocket. We just had 50mph winds and heavy rain.. everything was fairly dry inside as I was ground stalking in cat tail marsh/ marsh grass. I love this pack.