New Outdoorsman's Carbon Innegra first look

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I caught up Outdoorsman's and put hands on the new tripod. Man this thing is nice. for a tripod that stupid simple, there is a lot of innovation put into this tripod. What do you think?

Big fan of outdoorsmans. That being said- this is priced way too high for what you get. Like waaaaaaaaay to high.

Trial153

WKR
Unless I am mistaken RRS is the closest comparable that is also American made, your probably looking at 1k plus depending on the model and configuration. I don’t see this priced to far off the mark.

BigVick04

FNG
The OD standard tripod looks similar in size to the ascend14, but it is a full pound lighter. Hard to tell without them side by side but I would guess the OD has smaller diameter legs and a much higher minimum height until they come out with a shorter center column(they said that should be coming in the next few months). So I dunno the ascend14 with the platform head is $1230, so an extra $170 to save a lb isn’t a terrible deal if you aren’t going to be doing any prone shooting off the tripod, but the smaller diameter legs(if they are smaller) would probably be a little less stable.

You are not getting twice the tripod that the other outdoorsman bedrock has been for tripods.

But you will pay twice the price

Nothing wrong with current legacy outdoorsman tripod, so why change it and charge double

Weigh savings are about half a pound depending on what version you get.

I’m not seeing “game changer” anything but am seeing double price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk