New Guy from West NC

Heyall,

New to the forum (but been a lurker for a bit). Been in SouthWest NC now for 2 years, still learning my way around the public land hunting out here. Originally from the coast so it's a big change.

I'm an "adult-onset" hunter and have taken a few deer with a rifle, but picked up archery tackle last year and got skunked hunting NF land. Still had a blast though! Here to learn more.

@SmokyMtnTracker hello from a fellow FNG. Have you gotten into any deer yet this season? I'm moving to western NC next summer and am excited to see there are at least a few people in that area active on these forums. Seems like the hunting in the west part of the state is hit or miss.

Lowg08

WKR
West part is tough in areas. Some days are real tough. One of the counties I hunt is .46 bucks per square mile

@SmokyMtnTracker hello from a fellow FNG. Have you gotten into any deer yet this season? I'm moving to western NC next summer and am excited to see there are at least a few people in that area active on these forums. Seems like the hunting in the west part of the state is hit or miss.
I'm from just outside of Boone NC originally. Parents still live there. Good deer hunting in that area. We hunted and trout fished gamelands just off the parkway.