New glassing set up

Brooks

WKR
Im looking to replace my tripod and tripod head, they are both pretty beat up. Wondering what y’all are using, likes or dislikes.

BBob

WKR
My light setup is a 1st Gen Outdoorsmans original tripod with their Pan Head. Some wouldn't consider that a "light" setup but I've decided after trying many lighter combinations that's the lightest I'll go for what I do. The popular lighter carbons have more bounce and shake than the OD but it is heavier. For my big glass setup it's an RRS Ascend and an OD Fluid Head. It's super solid with big optics like twins and BTX with the big objectives. Depending on distance I'll backpack with this when carrying the large optics. No dislikes at all with these two.

hunterjmj

WKR
I'm going 3 years with a sirui with a va5 head. Can't remember the model # of the tripod but I wouldn't change it. It's light, easy to set up and collapses small. I went from a 20 year old Manfrotto that served me well for a long time but was heavy and loud.

FYI: I bought through cameralandny and got a great deal.

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
slik 624, suriu va-5. absolutely love the combo. have only used it with 10x42's and some small 55mm spotters, but expect it to capable of pretty much anything I'd be willing to carry.