New from WA

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not new to blogs/forums, I believe I was gettin down on Ifish circa 2001. I'm a fish biologist that only wants to hunt. I don't just want to hunt, I want to put on a backpack and hike somewhere 1-6 miles off'n the beaten path and camp and hunt for awhile. Killin isn't that important. I just don't want to have a cell phone or the internet. I hunted Idaho for the first time last year and I will be going back every year until I'm dead. It was awesome. I will be deer hunting Idaho this year and possibly elk hunting there. The problem that arises when you bango an elk way back yonder is that you've got yourself a big ol dead what have you to pack out, with deer that's not such a problem. I'm thinking that having a packer that you can call is worth the money.
I scout a bit in central Idaho because that's where I work a lot in the summer but we're jumping around a lot so I rarely get more than 4 or 5 hours at a spot until we're up and moving to another spot. e.g. Camas Creek, Herd Creek, Loon Creek, Sulphur Creek, etc.
I am more than willing to share info but I've had a few times where I've lines guys out and they didn't go on the hunt, frustrating. I also have points all over the place OR, WY, CO, WA, NV...and I study the regs/draw odds/point creep, etc. Basically I'm obsessed with going on hunting trips.
The Man(1).jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Joe. I really want to be friends I could complement your obsession! Sounds like your going to be a great fit here.

OP
Joe Schmo

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
Currently GE scouting for an Idaho OTC archery elk hunt this year...maybe. I know central Idaho the best and I should hunt what I know and where I can sneak in some scouting time. I missed the boat on Sawtooth zone archery tags so I'm looking into unit 36A, I know there's elk there but it seems the higher country has quite a few quad motorbike trails. I'm already at a disadvantage because I'm only using the quads that God gave me then there's also that ever persistent packing out an elk problem...

FNG
Welcome Joe! Where in Washington are you? I know that there are a lot of Washington guys on Rokslide.

OP
Joe Schmo

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm an eastside guy. Born in Ca, school in OR, job in eastern WA...I'm slowly working my way away from people and into the wilderness!!

FNG
Nice! I'm a west side guy myself but have spent lots of time in the east half. There is a lot more common sense per capita over there...