New FHF Bino Harness *Product Leak*?

LargeAvos

FNG
Did anyone else notice the new bino harness Steve is wearing on this emailed promo?? Looks like something new is in store for FHF next year possibly. Seems a bit more appealing to me than the bungee and hook on the Pro-M.

Whats your thoughts?

Screenshot (13).png

godwinmt

FNG
I thought it was mentioned in one of the recent podcasts with the guys from FMF, but I could be mistaken. Couldn't be released soon enough...the existing Pro-M is one of the more frustrating harnesses to use...

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Waiting to see this as well. Although the Pro M is a good rig, always room to improve. Interested to see a thorough review when it's released.

OP
L

LargeAvos

FNG
I haven't used the Pro-M but the opener hook looks very close to the freeby vortex rig which is pretty frustrating.

BuckRut

Lil-Rokslider
Looks bulky. Best part of the Pro-M size footprint. I personally really like the latch as it is silent and never comes open on accident. I also find it very easy to operate but am not surprised a lot of people don't like it in this "I couldn't operate flawlessly the first time it tried it so I don't like it" culture these days.

TheTone

WKR
I’m patiently waiting for it as I’d like to try a front opening harness, the shoulder straps and “wings” look a bit bulky to me. One of the things I like about my current fhf is how minimal it is

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m patiently waiting for it as I’d like to try a front opening harness, the shoulder straps and “wings” look a bit bulky to me. One of the things I like about my current fhf is how minimal it is
The side wings are optional/modular and don't have to be used. I don't want to say more than I should 🤐, but I ran one of the new harnesses this fall and I think a lot of guys will be really happy with it.

Johnboy

WKR
The vertical zipper on the front pocket is a deal breaker for me. I get that these harness designers are splitting hairs to be distinct from the others, but I don't see the upside to this variation. I carry my bow release in the front pocket of my harness, and when gravity does its perfect work on that zipper, and my release is MIA when I reach for it at the moment of truth... well, I'm not willing to risk it.

OP
L

LargeAvos

FNG
I haven't run the Pro-M but I do find it a bit funny that everyone would complain about the side pockets due to their small size so they decided to just eliminate them... The new harness seemed much bulkier in the original teaser pics but now that you can see it on the link it looks super streamlined and compact.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't run the Pro-M but I do find it a bit funny that everyone would complain about the side pockets due to their small size so they decided to just eliminate them... The new harness seemed much bulkier in the original teaser pics but now that you can see it on the link it looks super streamlined and compact.
I have a Pro-M and actually cut the mesh pockets off the sides. I really don't like having a rangefinder pouch on the harness strap as I think it bounces around too much and have it attached directly to the side of the bino pouch using the velcro one wrap they send with the rangefinder pouch. I like the MOLLE on the sides instead of the one wrap option, I think that will be a much better mounting option. The most recent MeatEater episode they were wearing the new harness with the MOLLE wings attached and those intrigued me as well. Likely a much more secure mounting method than directly onto the single strap.

It looks like a slight variation on every other front opening harness. I really don’t see what’s groundbreaking except the price. $185 before all the accessories is getting steep.

TheTone

WKR
Yikes on the price! One of the things I like about my original fhf is how simple it all is; this one seems the opposite of that, especially the harness part

It looks like a slight variation on every other front opening harness. I really don’t see what’s groundbreaking except the price. $185 before all the accessories is getting steep.

Yeah, it's a Marsupial Enclosed harness but with shockingly poor design. The vertical zippered pocket seems like a pretty silly idea, and the shoulder harness looks really uncomfortable.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, it's a Marsupial Enclosed harness but with shockingly poor design. The vertical zippered pocket seems like a pretty silly idea, and the shoulder harness looks really uncomfortable.
So it’s a poor design, silly zippered and the harness is really uncomfortable but you’ve never touched one…