New bow stand

BWSmith

FNG
Welded up a stand this a.m. for my range mule Hoyt Axius alpha. Have a bunch of other bows but this is my DD(daily driver). We have a nice 3D range in the woods behind the house....

63#,29" DL,cheap 3pin slider,homade CF stabilizers.

Got some 1/2" plastic endcaps coming from evilbay to kill the tube ends. Going to make a wood base,horizontal stand/rack for trad bows next.
Screenshot_20221129-143332_Gallery.jpg

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
Nice work. Have you posted a build for the DIY carbon stabs? Looks really cool.

OP
B

BWSmith

FNG
F,just got into compounds after 50+ years of shooting Trad. Have built a truckload of recurves,to include grinding our own cores. We have a professional level cabinet/furniture shop and a full on,well equipped machine shop.... that's the backstory.

Stabs; not a whole lot to them. Chuck up some 6061 turn down the end profiles to suit,evilbay CF tube of your size choice,fill with "magic"(proprietary)...glue it all up with Smooth-On EA40.

But that's easy..... we do a lot more with CF. Make racing M/C parts,and firearm stuff as well. Just keeping friends "hooked up".... not into dealing with customers as I'm sposed to be retired.... BUT

We have a heckuva nice sheet metal forming/fabrication facility. Sooooo,making gauge metal CF "forms" is one of my passions. I'm about this close...thumb 1/4" from forefinger.... to making CF rifle stocks.

Love my Axius alpha,stoopid easy to tune range mule. Bear Divergent EKO hunting bow that shoots BH's better than field tips. And a PSE EVO NXT 33 that is my real 3D bow.

OP
B

BWSmith

FNG
Limbs have CF running up the middle.... heck,just put CF ILF limbs on a Buffalo(yup,ILF)...

This particular R700 has the hollow POS tupperware stock. I turned a mandrel that's patterned off the barrel profile(plus clearance) out of delrin. Then CF goes over mandrel.......

This whole CF "shell" gets machined along with gutting the tupperware forearm.... then are hermetically sealed (EA40) in. You can forget installing aluminum or CF arrows in these forearms. Done this way, I DOUBLE DARE,anyone to flex it in a twisting or single plane bending motion.... ridiculously bada$$.

Pic above is an early adj cheek rest... after install,rifle weight actually goes down a cpl oz's.