New Alaskan

02crewcab

FNG
Hey yall,

New member here currently living in Eagle River, Alaska. I grew up hunting deer and birds in PA, spent sometime in England where i did a unsuccessful red stag hunt, and prior to Alaska I was in AZ for a few years where I donated money to F&G each year in the point based draw system haha.

So far in AK I've done a few different hunts but have only been successful on a spring black bear tag so far. Hunting up here is way different than what I am used to so its been a fun learning curve. This year my wife drew a mountain goat tag so we'll be busy getting prepared for that hunt.

I look forward to learning more from this forum. Heres a pic of my bear last year taken in Ewan Bay in Prince William Sound.

-Tyler

IMG_4358.jpg

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

DatGuyy

FNG
As a person who has left the wild yonder, I whole-heartedly await my glorious return!

I’m in eagle river too, any advice, groups to join? Embarrassed to say I’ve never hunted before, only shooting experiences were in the military. (Not a combat arms guy either)

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in eagle river too, any advice, groups to join? Embarrassed to say I’ve never hunted before, only shooting experiences were in the military. (Not a combat arms guy either)
Check out the Fallen Outdoors group on Facebook. Good group to get with they work to get veterans out for fishing and hunting. I have a jet boat and try and get vets and active duty people out, I live in Anchorage but lived in Eagle River for twenty years.

Kryos73

FNG
Greetings. ER is a beautiful area. I was born at Ft. Wainwright and raised in Salcha (45ish miles SE of Fairbanks). Did my junior and senior high schooling on Eielson AFB. Took many a moose during my years there. Hopeful that I will be able to return one day. I sure do miss that Arctic Wonderland!

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Welcome...nice bear and best of luck to you and your wife on the goat hunt...a truly different world!