Never boiling whitetail skull again

Northpark

WKR
I don’t want the chance of anything funky getting left behind if it’s gonna be in the house. And I like mine professionally white. So I boil them power wash then whiten. If you’re just leaving it in the garage then I could see the simplicity of your method.

Heres a coues deer skull from a couple weeks ago.4876009B-0E5D-4713-A4B5-3CD24636DF60.jpeg

Wyobow1

FNG
I suppose it all depends whether it’s a shed buck or a house buck! House buck I’d boil and degrease with dish soap or borax.

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
The deadheads I find I just leave in a bucket of water for a few weeks in the summer heat—you’d be amazed at how well this works. I flush it once or twice.

Mr Lahey

FNG
I don't have access to a pressure washer, but I'm wondering if a carwash pressure washer would work? Guessing the carwash might not appreciate the mess? Anyone have experience doing this?

Scottf270

WKR
I will add that I have used a Krylon flat white spray paint to whiten older or poorly degreased skulls. Makes them snow white. Tape up antler bases and teeth, lightly mist two coats paint. Allow to dry between coatings.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I've heard of people doing it. Guess it depends on the place. If I was to depend upon a car wash, I'd make sure the skull was good and simmered so the washing would be easier.