Nevada resident

Remnv89

FNG
New to rokslide I have referenced a few topics on here in years past while doing research but never signed up till now. I'm no stranger to forums as I use to frequent pirate4x4 daily when I was a teenager building my own advanced rock crawler so bouncing around the site its not all that hard to navigate for me. I have always hunted in Nevada and just this year started applying in a couple other states Nevada gave me the point this year and now have my sights set on possibly purchasing a tag in the northern D zones of California to get a few days in the field this year. A day in the field is better than a day not in the field.

Chamon

FNG
New to rokslide I have referenced a few topics on here in years past while doing research but never signed up till now. I'm no stranger to forums as I use to frequent pirate4x4 daily when I was a teenager building my own advanced rock crawler so bouncing around the site its not all that hard to navigate for me. I have always hunted in Nevada and just this year started applying in a couple other states Nevada gave me the point this year and now have my sights set on possibly purchasing a tag in the northern D zones of California to get a few days in the field this year. A day in the field is better than a day not in the field.
Nevada is one of the best states for Elk! Welcome to the Rok!

huntsd

WKR
I'd steer clear of California. As a resident I would suggest picking up tags in some of the other surrounding states. Our best units would be considered mid tier at best in other states (deer). A non resident tag will go much further for you elsewhere. The only exception is you can pick up deer tags relatively easy here.

WKR

WKR
There's nothing wrong with getting a deer tag in the zones you mentioned, you probably won't see a ton of bucks but if you scout you can find some pockets that hold deer...also consider getting a bear tag as you will most likely have an opportunity at one

OP
Remnv89

Remnv89

FNG
I'd steer clear of California. As a resident I would suggest picking up tags in some of the other surrounding states. Our best units would be considered mid tier at best in other states (deer). A non resident tag will go much further for you elsewhere. The only exception is you can pick up deer tags relatively easy here.
ya I was a little behind on a few other states and did not draw a tag in my home state this year so I'm just looking for some opportunity and field time. I can easily be there on a Friday evening setup for a Saturday Sunday hunt.

OP
Remnv89

Remnv89

FNG
There's nothing wrong with getting a deer tag in the zones you mentioned, you probably won't see a ton of bucks but if you scout you can find some pockets that hold deer...also consider getting a bear tag as you will most likely have an opportunity at one
I've frequented the desolation area bagging peaks and wheeled the rubicon trail / hell hole area for years but have never entertained the idea of hunting it till this season My dad did some deer hunting in the 80's in D3. I think a bear tag will be on the radar for next season. any insight on the areas is greatly appreciated I'm not afraid of some miles.

WKR

WKR
I've frequented the desolation area bagging peaks and wheeled the rubicon trail / hell hole area for years but have never entertained the idea of hunting it till this season My dad did some deer hunting in the 80's in D3. I think a bear tag will be on the radar for next season. any insight on the areas is greatly appreciated I'm not afraid of some miles.
You can pm me for any specific questions, I won't share info on an open thread