Nevada luck! 283-284

Somehow I have won the desert sheep lottery in Nevada and drew unit 283-284. Never been on a sheep hunt. Went and drove the unit last weekend. It was 113deg and subsequently we didn’t see any sheep. Been watching every YouTube video I can find on judging and finding sheep. Super excited trying to take full advantage of the good fortune.

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations! I just started applying for Nevada this year and I want to learn all I can. I will follow this thread. Best of luck!

Somehow I have won the desert sheep lottery in Nevada and drew unit 283-284. Never been on a sheep hunt. Went and drove the unit last weekend. It was 113deg and subsequently we didn’t see any sheep. Been watching every YouTube video I can find on judging and finding sheep. Super excited trying to take full advantage of the good fortune.
Congratulations! How many points did you have?

283-284 can be a tough unit, but there are big rams in there. Are you going to go guided or try to do it DIY?
NDOW's bighorn checkout summaries are a good place to start, if you haven't looked at them already.

OP
Swamp Donkey
Probably going to try it on my own to start but I am talking to guides for later in the hunt back up plan. I made one trip down a few weeks ago. Didn’t see any sheep and it was 113deg in Vegas.