Nevada Archery Antelope 205-208

Hello folks curious if anyone can give me some info on Nevada Archery Antelope? This will be my first antelope tag. I have been archery hunting for 30+ years taking many elk, mule deer and whitetail. I am assuming it will be really hot and to find water when I get to the unit. I do have a decoy and will try my luck at that as well. Any info would be helpful for units 205-208 as I am hearing there is a lot of military testing sights and private property in the area. Thanks in advance.

Congrats on pulling an archery antelope tag! It took me 3-times to MT to finally arrow a buck but persistence does pay off. The best advice I ever received was to hunt fence lines and determine where bucks are crossing. Antelope don't typically hop fences so setting up at these cross points can be fairly successful. I have decoyed in speed goats but it can be a real challenge to get them to commit to archery range if it's not a lone buck. Often, the does will pick you off before you have much of a chance to get setup on a buck. Be prepared to act fast too they come in quick . If you can get between a heard buck and a buck looking to pick off does from the harems that's where I'd focus my energy. With archery gear, I'd give yourself some flexibility too. Bring a blind if you have access to one. If it's dry hunt over water sources, if not then hunt those crossing points I previously mentioned. Be ready to have the most exciting bowhunt you've ever been on!!

OP
E
Congrats on pulling an archery antelope tag! It took me 3-times to MT to finally arrow a buck but persistence does pay off. The best advice I ever received was to hunt fence lines and determine where bucks are crossing. Antelope don't typically hop fences so setting up at these cross points can be fairly successful. I have decoyed in speed goats but it can be a real challenge to get them to commit to archery range if it's not a lone buck. Often, the does will pick you off before you have much of a chance to get setup on a buck. Be prepared to act fast too they come in quick . If you can get between a heard buck and a buck looking to pick off does from the harems that's where I'd focus my energy. With archery gear, I'd give yourself some flexibility too. Bring a blind if you have access to one. If it's dry hunt over water sources, if not then hunt those crossing points I previously mentioned. Be ready to have the most exciting bowhunt you've ever been on!!
Thank you for all the information. I am excited about this hunt and going to research water sources. The hunting fence lines and looking for crossings is very helpful. Thank You

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
There is very limited water in those units. A good water source should have antelope using it. As stated above, the ag fields will have antelope, and probably lots of them. Many of the owners will give you permission to hunt if you ask.
The antelope are pretty spread out and in very low densities outside of the ag fields.

There are some big antelope in those units, but they can be difficult to find. I would give yourself lots of time and don’t be afraid to look up high as well as in the valleys.