Nevada 4 points.

Cwright5

FNG
I'm looking for some advice on what unit to put in for in Nevada. I have 4 points and am looking to go during archery season. I was pretty dead set on trying the Ruby's although I have heard it is not what it use to be. Not looking for someones secret spot just some advice.

I drew the Ruby’s late season rifle tag a few years back and really struggled. Weather was hot and deer weren’t moving much. Went home empty handed. My biggest regret is not getting back into the wilderness areas. I’m sure if you did that you would get into more animals. Big big country though.

Nv25

FNG
Honestly with 4 points you can draw a couple good archery hunts. Pm me and I can help give you a couple options

Wickedwagens

Lil-Rokslider
Ruby’s are good, but you have to get way back in there and up to 9-10k elevation. I’ve never looked at non resident draw odds, so I really don’t know what other areas would be good for you to put in for.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cwright5

FNG
Ruby’s are good, but you have to get way back in there and up to 9-10k elevation. I’ve never looked at non resident draw odds, so I really don’t know what other areas would be good for you to put in for.
Getting further back in is no problem I have a packstring of horses and being from region G of Wyoming I am use to that type of hunting. What is the average size class from the Ruby's?

Getting further back in is no problem I have a packstring of horses and being from region G of Wyoming I am use to that type of hunting. What is the average size class from the Ruby's?
I turned the late tag in last year. Lots of rifle tags and the deer are struggling. Send me a PM.

Ruby’s are tough because there are only 3/4 access points to the entire range. You can imagine that really focuses pressure. There are big deer around though, I’d do early archery and pack in early. There is no shortage of people that go deep as well. You can have a good hunt but realize you will have company.