Needing new bino's Leica, Vortex or Zeiss

65Grendel

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair of 10x42 conquest HD's that I really like, so does my girlfriend and now they are in her bino harness. I picked up a pair of Maven B2's 11x45 off here to replace them and did not care much for them at all (my eyes liked the Zeiss a lot more) Sold the Mavens and I am now looking at another pair of conquest, Leica Trinovid, or Vortex Ravor HD's in 12x50. There is no place within driving distance that has all three for me to compare right now. I can purchase the Ravors and Leica's for around the same price new, Zeiss would be about $300 less.

Thanks for any advice.

AlaskaEd

WKR
I would pick the Leicas or the Zeiss for sure. The new Razors being shipped out are now made in China. If you know you like the Zeiss and they are $300 cheaper, that seems like an easy decision.

OP

65Grendel

Lil-Rokslider
Did not know the Razors were now made in China. Thank you

I was in a similar boat recently. Looked at the vortex and conquest side by side. For me the clear winner was the Zeiss.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Leica all the way. I tested a pair of 10x42s against a bunch of Alphas and they came very very close. Best bang for your buck out there IMO.

ianpadron

WKR
You should also throw the Meopta Meostar 12x50s in the mix at that price range.

They blow Vortex out of the water and rate higher than the Zeiss and Leica models you mentioned in the reviews I read before pulling the trigger.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

nickstone

WKR
I had a pair of 10x42 conquest HD's that I really like, so does my girlfriend and now they are in her bino harness. I picked up a pair of Maven B2's 11x45 off here to replace them and did not care much for them at all (my eyes liked the Zeiss a lot more) Sold the Mavens and I am now looking at another pair of conquest, Leica Trinovid, or Vortex Ravor HD's in 12x50. There is no place within driving distance that has all three for me to compare right now. I can purchase the Ravors and Leica's for around the same price new, Zeiss would be about $300 less.

Thanks for any advice.

Just curious what made you decide to move to 12x50's. I have some 10x42 and have really been debating going to 12x50

handwerk

WKR
I know the zeiss have many fans for good reason, but both my boys have the trinovids and they are a lot of bino for the money, optically not far behind my swaro SV's.

OP

65Grendel

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious what made you decide to move to 12x50's. I have some 10x42 and have really been debating going to 12x50

My girlfriend and hunting partner stole my 10x42's so only reason would be to have something different on the mountain.

OP

65Grendel

Lil-Rokslider
I know the zeiss have many fans for good reason, but both my boys have the trinovids and they are a lot of bino for the money, optically not far behind my swaro SV's.

Do they have a stud for tripod mounting?

Trial153

WKR
Check redhawk rifles for another pair of the Conquest HDs they always have some demos on the site with great prices

mcseal2

WKR
I'd likely go Leica. I have 10x42 Geovid HD's and they work great for my eyes.

I wish Swaro or Leica would come out with a 12x50 with an angle compensating rangefinder in a reasonable size & weight with the best glass they can stuff in one. I think this would be the ultimate bino to pair with a spotter and keep weight down. It can be used handheld and carried in a chest harness. It also has a bit more magnification when put on a tripod and used that way over 10x42's. If I didn't love having the rangefinder built into my Geovid so much I'd likely own 12x50 Swaro EL's or Leica Ultravids and not 10x42 Leicas and 15x56 Swaros. Less weight to pack around.

AGPank

WKR
Do they have a stud for tripod mounting?

I'm not sure about the latest model, but the 2012-2105 Trinovid has a plastic cap that slides off and Outdoorsman makes a part that slides over this and tightens down with set screws.

I haven't looked at the current hd models.

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
Grendel, you can get a tripod stud for Leica Ultravids and I assume Trinovids from the Outdoorsmans.com. They have everything a guy needs for mounting binos to tripods. Good luck to you in your selection

OP

65Grendel

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the advice! Ended up going with the Conquest 15x56 since we already have a pair of 10x42's on the mountain.