Need some input with a reloading/rifle issue

Lawnboi

WKR
Probably just very dirty. I’d stuff a chamber mop covered in boretech c4 in it for a day then clean it out good.

I wouldn’t jam a wire brush in there and go to town.

OP
T

T28w

WKR
The imprint on the case is a rough chamber. Either from residue built up in the chamber or etching/pitting into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just clarifying- what are you calling the imprint. The sharpied case or the fired case laying on its side.

I agree with you something is in the chamber. It a build up of something and that’s what I don’t fully understand. Surely it is not rust. But the color isn’t like anything I’ve seen before except rust lol. My 1st instinct was rust or brass just off color.

And thanks everyone who has replied. I appreciate the responses.

OP
T

T28w

WKR
And the reason I’m clarifying is because if you are talking about the roughness of the unsharpied fired case, every single starline has done that since day one and have never seen that on on of the frontier cases. Which is why one of my initial thoughts was brass. Like whatever is going on with the starline cases is leaving a brass residue after it fires. And that is building up. My plan is to clean throughly and only shoot the frontier and probably pick up another thing of brass and see what happpens. I’ll try and follow up with a report.

OP
T

T28w

WKR
Yes. Every single starline looks like that after firing. Like I said I noticed during load dev and thought it was weird. I could load a round with starline brass and the cycle it unfired and not get those markings. And that is the area it is binding when sharpied. I thought I had a clicker when the bolt lift was easy except for at the very top. Sharpied and expected to see it stuck just above the case head but it clearly was not were it binds.

Vern400

WKR
I used to think I cleaned my barrels and took care of my rifle til I got a bore scope 3 weeks ago. But I have hard carbon from Hell. Sweets 7.62 solvent got the copper but darn at the mother of all carbon rings to the shoulder!

I also used to think neck sizing was enough until I was at a shoot and 3x fired handloads would not allow the bolt to close. Very hard to remove jammed cases! It was about 1 out of 20 bad.

Get a scope. Clean your bore end to end like to new condition. The scope decides when it's clean. Push your shoulder back 0.002 and life is good.

PS I may do a quickie neck size to check out a new load. But I KNOW if I keep doing it the brass will grow and eventually not chamber.

Datildooit.

MJW

FNG
looking at your chamber face i see some deep pitting. That should not be there. With out looking into the bore I would have to assume that the inside has some similar pitting. Something very corrosive has been introduced to that barrel. Get yourself a borescope off amazon, Lyman makes a pretty good one, and take a look inside that barrel. If there is anything that looks like what is on that chamber face, inside the barrel then i would pull it and toss it. Get a new one.