Need opinion on optic upgrade please!

DLo1990

FNG
hi everyone I am in need of some advice from experienced hunters.

I currently have diamondback 10x42 and am wanting to upgrade them.

I got a great deal on a pair of new Leupold BX-4 pro guide he 10x42 for $680 Canadian after taxes.

I’m contemplating buy a pair of Maven B1.2 or B6. Both would run me around $1350 Canadian.

Other option is finding a pair of used swaro SLC or EL on here for hopefully close $1500 Canadian.

What should I do??? Is that glad worth double the price?

Thanks I’m advance

Slugz

WKR
Search RS for this same question.
Its answered over and over on here and provides a ton of good info on pretty much any bino out there. Look at the RS articles and gear tests.
Buy what you can afford. Buy what fits your needs. (Ex: glassing for long sessions 8 hours a day or just lifting them up every one in a while)

Good luck

OP
D

DLo1990

FNG
Search RS for this same question.
Its answered over and over on here and provides a ton of good info on pretty much any bino out there. Look at the RS articles and gear tests.
Buy what you can afford. Buy what fits your needs. (Ex: glassing for long sessions 8 hours a day or just lifting them up every one in a while)

Good luck
Oh ok I’m brand new to the site so still figuring it all out. I’ll try to find some more threads on this thanks

The only model I haven't tried is the NL pure, so I cannot speak to them. For my eyes (everyones can be different) I see no benifit over the SLC's. So For me, there is no benifit from spending more for EL's.. the top 3 maybe 4 binocular manufactures are very close in image quality, light gathering ... but there are a few other companies that come very very close. My advice is that if you want to buy new, talk to Doug @caneralandny. Cameralandny is a sponsor here, and they are straight shooters. If they believe you are better off buying used, for a specified price and condition, they will tell you to buy the used item. They also stand behind what they sell.

OP
D

DLo1990

FNG
The only model I haven't tried is the NL pure, so I cannot speak to them. For my eyes (everyones can be different) I see no benifit over the SLC's. So For me, there is no benifit from spending more for EL's.. the top 3 maybe 4 binocular manufactures are very close in image quality, light gathering ... but there are a few other companies that come very very close. My advice is that if you want to buy new, talk to Doug @caneralandny. Cameralandny is a sponsor here, and they are straight shooters. If they believe you are better off buying used, for a specified price and condition, they will tell you to buy the used item. They also stand behind what they sell.
Ok great thanks so much. I will see if I can get in touch with him!

atmat

WKR
I’d go used alpha glass over mid-tier glass. But it depends how you use it.

If you’re spending lots of time behind it, go alpha.

If you’re hunting deer twice a year in hardwoods, keep your current glass.

Used cabelas euro hd or Zeiss conquest going for about $650 on here. I think both are better than the mavens and shockingly similar to the SLC.

Mojave

WKR
This is a want or need issue.

If your current binoculars work for you keep them.

If you are over 40 something, and have the cash to burn get a pair of Swarovski EL's.

The older I get the harder it is to see through cheap binos. But I am heavily near sighted.

Gone4Days

WKR
I can see you’re already doing the upgrade steps. You’ll ultimately arrive at the alpha glass might as well go straight there and save time and money. I have SLC’s in 15x and 8x. Great binos

PAS

FNG
Meopta is very hard to beat at their price point….. but if you can find some used swaro for a few extra hundred dollars you will be in better shape long term.

Howdawg

FNG
Here's a pretty good breakdown of various price points. Notice where they ranked the B.1.
Thanks for this, read a ton of reviews and comparisons and they all say basically the same thing. This is quality research.

Micmac

FNG
Wow, they really loved the $500 Athlons. Might have to take a look at them