Need information about two Leupold scopes

Hello Roksliders

I own a few leupolds and I have two that I would like opinions on. The short question first... Opinion regarding the VX5HD 3-15 x 44 CDs-ZL2?

I also have an older Leupold fixed 10X It is a Mark 4 - M3 and looks like its built to hammer in tent pegs! I live in South Africa and wanted to put this scope onto my .300 Winchester Magnum, but I cannot get any information on it.

The elevation is 1 MOA per one click and windage is 0.5 MOA per click. There are lots and lots of clicks! The elevation dial has 300 Win Mag engraved on it as well as graduations in number's 1 to 12. It also has a zero stop.

The reticle is a duplex reticle with strange 'egg' shaped 'mildots'. I would like to get as much information about this scope, it is in very good condition as far as I can tell. I cannot find too much about it on the internet, just it may be a military scope? I asked our local importers about it, they say it is a fake, but I emailed Leupold with the serial number and they say it is a genuine Leupold and it was made mid 90|'s to 2000.

How do I use it and is it a good scope for my .300 Win Mag?

Thanks!