Need advice on bringing an ATV CO unit 19 191 3rd season

Heading out 3rd season to Colorado unit 19, 191 for a mule deer hunt. Going in pretty much blind to the area needing advice on if it’s beneficial to bring an ATV. Staying in Rustic but just wondering if it’s worth bringing them 17hrs (southern Indiana).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
stop by any game license retailer and get your OHV permit for the ATV. Will need the VIN, if I recall.

OP
S
stop by any game license retailer and get your OHV permit for the ATV. Will need the VIN, if I recall.

Thanks I have looked at the regs some on atv’s and have some buddies that use them in other units. Just mainly asking if it’s worth our time dragging them out to that unit. Didn’t get a chance to scout the unit in person last year like we planned on. Hate to bring them and it be just as easy to drive the truck around vs using the ATV

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I should have read your post more closely. The key to finding out where an ATV gives you additional access is the Motor Vehicle Use Map. If the MVUM shows trails only open to vehicles <50" wide, then you would have access with an ATV that you won't have with our 4 wheel drive truck. In the unit I am headed for this morning there are no trails marked such so we do not have additional access with an ATV - the 4 wheel drive truck will get you every where you can legally go.2 years ago I hunted an area with many <50" trails and an ATV was a must to access a large portion of the area.

cnelk

WKR
You shouldnt need an ATV. Just drive around and park along Hwy 14 or the Boy Scout Road and hike up the ridges.

I cant remember if the 7 Mile atv trail is open yet after the fire.

OP
S
You shouldnt need an ATV. Just drive around and park along Hwy 14 or the Boy Scout Road and hike up the ridges

Thanks for the info. Sitting at work all day let’s your mind wonder and over think plans sometimes

I wouldn't bother dragging them along. Every road around is truck accessible, even the worst ones. Hike from the main roads and stay out on your feet.
As for 7 Mile, Monte Williams still has it closed off. That idiot thinks he's running a kid's playground, not a national forest.

OP
S
I wouldn't bother dragging them along. Every road around is truck accessible, even the worst ones. Hike from the main roads and stay out on your feet.
As for 7 Mile, Monte Williams still has it closed off. That idiot thinks he's running a kid's playground, not a national forest.

Thanks for the advice. I saw a picture of the 7 mile road and that’s kinda what got me thinking if all the roads looked like that one might need a ATV

fishslap

WKR
Isn’t that unit 8?