Need a Sight

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
Building up a Phase 4 33. Went with a QAD MX integrate rest over the Hamskea Epsilon. A Podium Archer 12” stabilizer and I’m thinking of staying with a Fast Eddie 5-pin which I have on my Traverse. However, I’m thinking of a 3-pin version. My reasoning is that the pins can become a little cluttering in my sight picture. I am thinking 20-30-40 and the 40 being the floating pin for ranges farther.

I’m gonna use the bow to hunt first and foremost and as a casual 3D rig. It will be my main bow for elk in September.

Thoughts, critique’s or suggestions?

Bump79

WKR
No critiques here. For elk hunting I'd consider doing 30, 40, 50 but that's just preference. My sight is setup at a 4 pin 15-50.

Legend

WKR
Building up a Phase 4 33. Went with a QAD MX integrate rest over the Hamskea Epsilon. A Podium Archer 12” stabilizer and I’m thinking of staying with a Fast Eddie 5-pin which I have on my Traverse. However, I’m thinking of a 3-pin version. My reasoning is that the pins can become a little cluttering in my sight picture. I am thinking 20-30-40 and the 40 being the floating pin for ranges farther.

I’m gonna use the bow to hunt first and foremost and as a casual 3D rig. It will be my main bow for elk in September.

Option 6 or 8 is hard to beat for elk hunting with a little 3d.

OP
V

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
No critiques here. For elk hunting I'd consider doing 30, 40, 50 but that's just preference. My sight is setup at a 4 pin 15-50.
Thanks. I’m gonna try it. Have a 3-pin Fast Eddie on the way.

WCB

WKR
Same here on the 3 pin set up. I use MBG 3 pin slider. 30, 40, 50. I hunt out west as well as midwest whitetails. IMO zero reason for a pin set at 20yds.

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Instead of just having your 40 as the floater, grab the triple stack pointer and then you have yardage indicators at any position on the dial.

S.Clancy

WKR
my pin set is 30-40-50-60-70 with a 5 pin. Get your setup dialed where your max point blank is 0-low 30's for yardage, when they are that close you don't want to ask whether it is 18 or 32, you just want to put the pin on them and shoot

My money is on more elk are killed using the top pin than any other. I’d worry about your top pin and what kind of trajectory it gives you without thinking.

OutdoorAg

WKR
I started with a MBG 3 pin slider.

Eventually pulled a pin and made it a 2 pin.

Top at 30
Bottom at 40

Not sure id go back to anything more than a 2 pin.

Forced to change…I’d prob go HHA tetra ryz

Je942010

FNG
Hard to beat the triple stack housing so you can adjust all 3 pins and set them exactly where you want them paired with the triple stack pointer.

I had the triple stack for awhile and liked it, but decided to go to a 1 pin, then back to a standard 3 pin housing, and then decided I personally didn’t love the sight and went back to a 3 pin mbg mtn lite

I think the fast Eddie is a great sight but I personally favor black gold, better pins and much lighter and more sleek, and have never had an issue with one

Most people love spot hogg, and I have used them a bunch, but prefer my black golds

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
I had the triple stack for awhile and liked it, but decided to go to a 1 pin, then back to a standard 3 pin housing, and then decided I personally didn’t love the sight and went back to a 3 pin mbg mtn lite

I think the fast Eddie is a great sight but I personally favor black gold, better pins and much lighter and more sleek, and have never had an issue with one

Most people love spot hogg, and I have used them a bunch, but prefer my black golds
I'm not sure how much material they take out of a MBG, but twice this season I tripped on a log buried in snow and stopped my fall with a fast eddie xl. Nothing on the sight broke and both times I checked to make sure it wasn't bent, the arrows went where they were supposed to.

I bought the sight used here with the 5 pin .010 fiber, and I definitely need a light for the 30 min before and after sunrise/set we can hunt. If I travel to a state where lights are illegal I will replace pins with larger fibers and leave the small fiber as the 5th pin only. Sounds like MBG might be better in that regard.