Need a new release. Prefer a button

Luked

WKR
Have tried to get away from the wrist rocket type release. I have 2 that I keep at home just in case.
Last season I used a Nock 2 It and i do shoot much better with the button. But didnt like the 2 finger hold part.
I had a B3 Exit last summer I tried and I didt like how it closed with having to push the jaw shut.
So looking for some ideas from you all for a 3 finger with a lever to lock the jaw.
What have you all used that is a quality release.

I still hunt with a Spot Hogg Whipper Snapper.

Pretty basic, no frills thumb. Available in open and closed jaw. Jaw locks by pushing the thumb button into set position.

Ashenwelt

FNG
For me, Stan OnneX. No question. I tried a half dozen and for thumb button the adjustable nature and the ability to completely lock the jaws made it perfect for me.

wnelson14

WKR
Another vote for the Carter Wise Choice. If you shot the Nock 2 It well, it should be an easy transition.
This^^ the also have the three finger without the finger hole, long and short neck 1st choice I think it’s called

It's interesting to me that everyone recommends the release that you need to push closed, just like the op said he didn't want.

If you don't know Carter builds the releases for "Rock On", then you are under a rock.

wnelson14

WKR
It's interesting to me that everyone recommends the release that you need to push closed, just like the op said he didn't want.

If you don't know Carter builds the releases for "Rock On", then you are under a rock.
At least other posts recommend a release.

Indeed, my bad, I think people just recommend what works best for them regardless of closure.

I get that.

I just can't avoid a snarky comment, it's my kryptonite.

I didn't recommend the release I use day to day, I recommended my hunting release that fell into the parameters he was asking.

I get that.

I didn't recommend the release I use day to day, I recommended my hunting release that fell into the parameters he was asking.
I understood it that he liked the lever to close the jaws (like the Carter Wise Choice), but he did not want to have to manually close the jaw (like the B3 Exit).

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
Correct. I liked the feel of the B3 with 3 finger. But the closing the jaw manually I was not crazy about.
Im gonna take a look at the wise choice and try and see if I can pick one up to try it.

For me, Stan OnneX. No question. I tried a half dozen and for thumb button the adjustable nature and the ability to completely lock the jaws made it perfect for me.

This is the way i'd go. I use the perfex thumb button and resistance releases that the onnex replaced and they just feel right to me.

WKR
I get that.

Looks like the snark backfired as you misunderstood the post.
I understood it that he liked the lever to close the jaws (like the Carter Wise Choice), but he did not want to have to manually close the jaw (like the B3 Exit).
This is how it read.

Looks like the snark backfired as you misunderstood the post.

This is how it read.

Or I'm trying to recommend him something that's as simple as possible, that doesn't require anything extra.

Just a bare bones, simple release, with a good track record.

From my time with them, the Carters are more complex than I want from a hunting release. Narrow jaw opening, needing to operate something in the middle of the release, rather than everything from the same hand position. But yes, I did read the original post as just wanting a release that doesn't require additional movement, not that it was just the the closing the jaws.