Navigating Rokslide 101

I've had an account for a while, but I've stayed in the background and mostly read the threads on here without posting. I've decided I'm going to start engaging more this year. That said, what are the basics for navigating around rokslide? Do you get a notification if someone replies to a post? Do you get an email? Is there a rokslide app? Are most of you folks also active on other hunting forums as well? What are the "unwritten rules" about how to interact on here? Is there a feature to private message with others? Thanks everyone in advance for your replies.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
You will see a red dot up top on the bell/notification thing alerting you to a reply to a thread you've participated in. Same for a private message. You can set it up for email notifications as well. I'm not aware of an app.
Some good folks on here, welcome aboard

You can also turn off email notification's so you're not getting a ton of emails.
No APP that I'm aware off
Before you create a thread use the search & advanced search function in top right of screen, Chances are somehow already has asked the same questions you are thinking about asking.

Oh & the 6.5 Creedmoor's are referred to as 6.5manbun

First you must learn the search features.

I suggest to first search manscaping.

Then I suggest Alone Guy.

When someone pisses you off you can click on their name and send them a message. **** appear for inappropriate words, after it posts.
You can also ignore people if they piss you off, but that can be not as entertaining for the rest of us.

Don't report anyone, cause snitches get stitches.

Make sure you post about things that upset you, that way others can be sympathetic.

Only post memes that you can make relevant to the conversation.

Don't piss off a moderator.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have a link to the original thread? There are several threads referring to the guy, but I can't find the original.
While nothing is ever really gone -- those threads are not likely to be seen again.

I'll give you a quick recap -- aloneguy was a troll who posted about how everyone but him was a moron. He included the detailed reasons which some members apparently found extremely fulfilling.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

bobinmi

WKR

fngTony

Okay Moderator
Staff member
While nothing is ever really gone -- those threads are not likely to be seen again.

I'll give you a quick recap -- aloneguy was a troll who posted about how everyone but him was a moron. He included the detailed reasons which some members apparently found extremely fulfilling.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I’m still certain that “alone guy”and “turkey bow master” are the same person

grfox92

WKR
Don't post unit #'s
Don't ask for honey holes
Don't wear a flat brim and post on instatweet
And definitely don't hate on Tikka's!
You can also only shoot through a SWFA 6x fixed power scope and carry a Kifaru pack.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
God, that guy was a clown.

Aloneguy and Turkeybowmaster were obvious trolls, but that Wilderness Master guy actually believed the shit he was posting.
That dude started more threads in two months than 10% of Rokslide members combined.