Navajo Nation

jakew1285

FNG
Has anyone hunted the Navajo Reservation? If so, can you give me some information about it please? Could you give me some information on a guide and or outfitter used? I drew a tag but can't find out much about them and the only outfitter I could find said they were full.

I live a stones throw from the rez. Never hunted it and never really wanted to. Still a lot of really good deer and elk there depending on the unit. You don’t need a guide or outfitter there like you do on the Jic. Best advice I can give is contact Jeff Cole with Navajo fish and game. He is a biologist with the tribe. Good luck.

Posts like this are wild to me and all to common to see on RS. Why would someone apply for a tag without researching the unit/hunt or putting together a plan for that unit/hunt?

OP
J

jakew1285

FNG
I really did not expect to get drawn first off. Ive talked with two outfitters that hunt the reservation and they are both full. One gave me a guide to call on the guide list but their number is no longer working. He also said be careful on who who get because more than half stay drunk and are not any good. I was just looking if anyone had any experience there.

180ls1

WKR
I really did not expect to get drawn first off. Ive talked with two outfitters that hunt the reservation and they are both full. One gave me a guide to call on the guide list but their number is no longer working. He also said be careful on who who get because more than half stay drunk and are not any good. I was just looking if anyone had any experience there.

I can confirm that is true.